Lead Cinematic Animator - Gears of War
The Coalition is a growing team of talented, creative, fun-loving professionals from around the world who are united in their passion for Gears of War. Located in Vancouver, Canada, the studio is dedicated to pushing the Gears franchise to new heights with its belief that if you want to go far, go together.
We are seeking a highly creative and motivated Lead Cinematic Animator. In this position, you will be expected to work with the Cinematic and Animation Directors to deliver high quality narrative sequences. You will also be comfortable collaborating with Engineers, Technical Animation and Rigging Directors in the development of our animation tools, pipelines and systems.
- Collaborate with the Animation and Cinematic Director to implement high quality performances that bring to life the overall narrative vision
- Collaborate with Engineers, Technical Animation and Rigging to help define/refine animation tools, pipelines and technical systems.
- Responsible for leading a team to deliver high quality internal and external animation assets
- Help drive motion capture shoots and define requirements with the Cinematic Director
- Foster a culture of collaboration, inclusion, innovation, and iteration across the team
- Drive the creative process and look for ways to continuously improve
- Partner with Production to scope and plan animation through deliverables and scheduling
- Identify risks and propose mitigation plans
- 3-7+ years of experience leading a team of animators
- Experience with facial animation systems
- Experienced in key frame and motion capture animation
- Technical understanding of animation tools, pipelines and technical systems
- A solid understanding of body mechanics, timing, spacing, weight, and appeal, demonstrated through a demo reel.
- Ability to be pro-active and help develop plans and make recommendations that will continually raise the quality bar for the Animation.
- Experience working In-Engine
- Self-motivated, creative problem solver, team builder, subject matter expert.
- Please include a link to your portfolio that best demonstrates your skills.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.