Culture Manager - Gears of Wara
The Coalition is a Microsoft 1st party development studio located in downtown Vancouver, Canada. We are the official home of the Gears of War franchise and our objective is to forge the future of the IP and push the limits of Microsoft’s entertainment platforms and devices. Our team is comprised of deep creative and technical expertise from our industry’s top shooter and action titles, working cohesively to delight our fan base and shatter expectations of what is possible.
We are seeking an inspiring, highly motivated Culture Manager. You will help define and message our studio culture, while driving and growing our talent management program. In this role, you will partner with our recruiting, human resources and development teams to ensure that we have a seamless transition from hire to on-boarding. You are an individual who is excited to create a best-in-class experience for everyone joining our studio.
- Develop, drive and support Culture and Engagement initiatives and efforts across studio team.
- Ensure that our studio’s culture remains strong by partnering with various groups in the studio.
- Support the Employee Experience by nurturing a culture of diversity and inclusion, identify and implement learning and career progression opportunities, and keep a view on how to continuously improve our employee experience.
- Studio point-of-contact for all partners involved with contractor and full-time hiring.
- Manage full-cycle resourcing of contract talent: on-boarding, tracking, extensions and conversions of contract resources to full-time employment as required.
- Analyze and improve the current resourcing function, resource workflow and procedures to improve efficiency.
- Ensure there is project documentation, creation and application of process and best practices for resourcing, onboarding, and training for new hires.
- Work with directors and leads to open approved staffing needs for projects at different phases of production.
- Provide hiring updates to Production, studio leadership and discipline partners.
- Collaborate regularly with our Talent Acquisition, and Contractor Services teams for both contract and full-time resourcing needs.
- Build and manage strong relationships with vendors, recruiting resources and key recruiting networks/associations to help foster an environment of partnership and trust.
- Participate in studio communications that promote positive Employee Experience and studio culture.
- Ensure that our studio values for Diversity and Inclusion are a core part of all our hiring practices.
- Conduct On-boarding and Orientation activities as required.
- Studio expert on all recruiting tools for both contractors and full-time positions.
- Experience in Talent, Vendor and Contract Management, Project Management, or equivalent experience is required.
- Experience in Budgeting, Vendor Management and Finance Management.
- Experience in strong written communications, from project proposals to internal team messages.
- Exposure to the Gaming and/or equivalent technology industry is required.
- Solid organizational and troubleshooting capabilities.
- Proficient using MS Office Suite, Confluence.
- Strong time management skills and an ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Positive attitude and strong desire to continuously learn and develop.
- Takes a collaborative approach when working with teams and stakeholders.
- Exceptional organizational and problem-solving skills with high level of detail-orientation.
- Professional, proactive, flexible, reliable, and responsive.
- Excellent ethics and confidentiality skills to handle sensitive information.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.