Senior Unreal Gameplay Engineer
Let’s make games better together. Are you up for the challenge? Here are some specifics on what we’re looking for…
You will be a gameplay specialist within the development team of a new Multiplayer franchise. The ideal candidate has a deep knowledge of gameplay development in Unreal Engine. Above all, though, he/she should be a strong Software Engineer, versed in modern development practices like TDD and the application of SOLID principles. We are looking for someone who does not compromise following these practices for the particularities of developing with a specific engine.
- 5+ years of experience in a gameplay development role at a reputable game studio.
- Experience working in Unreal Engine.
- Strong C++ knowledge.
- Modern development practices: TDD, integration testing, automated testing.
- Experience developing and shipping games for modern platforms and full-stack knowledge of online gameplay architecture.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills that contribute to overall organizational performance and to a positive, creative work environment.
- Tool’s development in Unreal Engine to support the use and customization of gameplay features for the design team.
- Expert understanding of gameplay development for a real-time multiplayer game, and all the implications that network synchronization imposes.
- Implement and take ownership of gameplay features of the project from start to finish: architecture, design, prototyping, implementation, testing, debugging, documentation, profiling, maintenance, and support.
- Contribute and adhere to agreed development methodology, uphold best coding practices, perform code reviews, and pay consideration to long-term quality and future code-sharing. We are in this for the long haul.
- Be the point of contact regarding network aspects of the game and communicate regularly with the leadership team as well as with other team members.
- Modern development practices: Bonus based on game net profits.
- Attractive remuneration depending on work experience.
- Now remote but with the option to come to Barcelona, an amazing city to live in.
- Work with a team of experienced professionals in the video games sector.
- The opportunity to work on an amazing multiplatform project.
- Be part of a company with an excellent environment and in a themed and creative office.
- Good environment to learn and develop.