Environment Material Artist
That’s No Moon Entertainment is an independent AAA game development studio established in 2021 by veterans of some of the most recognizable and critically acclaimed creative teams in the world, including Naughty Dog, Infinity Ward, Santa Monica Studio, Bungie, PlayStation, and more. Based in Los Angeles and San Diego, That’s No Moon Entertainment is creating the next generation of narrative-driven, genre-defining experiences built upon a culture of creativity, collaboration, responsible production practices, and individual empowerment. We are assembling a diverse team of passionate developers of a wide range of experience levels and backgrounds to help shape the future of our studio and projects.
We are seeking an Environment Material Artist with a drive for bringing realistic natural worlds to life through environmental storytelling and material language, and an eye for artistic and game compositions. Through tight-knit collaboration with our team, you will contribute to the definition, creation and final execution of all aspects of texture and material art for in-game and cinematic AAA content. With your help we will push the industry to new heights of realism, gameplay and storytelling!
- Craft beautiful physically based materials for real time game environments, using Zbrush sculpts, scan data, and procedural texturing tools like Substance Designer
- Partner with Environment Artists, breathing life into their models through unwrapping, texturing, and complex material blending in Unreal
- Collaborate with all facets of art, tech art, and engineering to develop and improve the texturing pipelines from building our material library through shader creation and optimization in the engine
Requirements & Skills:
- Understanding of texture art creation and unwrapping assets for tiling, 0-1, and trim textures
- Understanding of how to build and implement material language and readability for environment and gameplay composition
- (Bonus) Unreal Engine, Houdini, and Blender experience
- (Bonus) Experience with Layered Material pipelines
- Self-motivated and able to work well in a multi-discipline team environment
- Phenomenal teammate invested in the success and development of outstanding environments.
- Able to communicate effectively, give feedback and direction as well as adapt to creative and art direction.
That's No Moon is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ancestry, color, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, legally protected physical or mental disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.