Multiplayer Feel Engineer
The award-winning team behind Sky, Journey, flOw, and Flower are looking to expand their team with a Multiplayer Feel Engineer. The position will include working on new social mechanics to provide a unique new multiplayer experience.
This role is a blend between multiplayer gameplay design and engineering. Candidates should have a strong intuition and desire to develop real-time social interaction systems promoting inclusive and comforting multiplayer dynamics.
An example long-term task for this person might be: identifying a minimal set of mechanics that may encourage positive interactions or feelings between players, or discourage negative or undesirable interactions. They would then conceptualize a minimalist potential solution or improvement, implement, test, and iterate on it.
This role requires a candidate who:
- Has multiplayer gameplay system design experience
- Has a passion for minimalist design
- Is proficient in quickly prototyping 3D gameplay
- Has 3+ years experience working in C++
- Has implemented a system which requires a thorough understanding of the trade-offs between reliable and unreliable real-time game traffic
- Has 2+ years of experience developing networked systems for a released multiplayer game
You will be more likely to enjoy this job if you:
- Are passionate about solving interesting engineering problems which result in new ways for people to make meaningful connections
- Have experience working on a live product
- Seek adventure and uncertainty in exploring experimental and risky game concepts
- Believe in the practice of rapid prototyping and relentless iteration
- Have a desire to create meaningful, enriching experiences that touch and inspire players
We look forward to meeting you!