Senior C++ Game Programmer (RoboCop)
Teyon is looking for talented people who will support us with their skills, knowledge, and ideas in our new project RoboCop: Rogue City. This new action RPG game for PC and next-gen console will be developed by the team, responsible for our previous title Terminator: Resistance. The production is based on an iconic movie license and is supported by Nacon.
You will work with our Lead Programmer (8+ years of experience including the senior position in a AAA development abroad), CTO (15+ years of experience), 6 programmers, and blueprint gameplay designers (30+ members of the team now with the immediate goal of increasing up to 45; 70+ people in the company + outsourcing). As a senior programmer you will be in charge of core features, code architecture, contribute to other team members and collaborate closely with the team lead.
The team is working on new gameplay features and the next generation of our internal framework (AI, dialogue system, quest system, animation system, crowd logic, tools, physics, engine customizations, and many others).
The project is being developed in Unreal Engine 4 and we are working using VS2019 + Visual Assist, Perforce + Swarm, Unreal Game Sync, Jenkins (CL testing, daily builds, complex groovy pipelines), JIRA, Confluence. The workflow includes regular code reviews and stand-ups.
International candidates are welcome, the relocation package is negotiable.
- Proficiency in C++.
- Ability to write clear, maintainable, efficient code.
- 5+ years of game industry experience.
- Proficiency with linear algebra and general mathematics.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Good communication and team skills.
- BS (or higher) in Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4 is a plus.
- Examples of technical skills (e.g. Github) or willingness to create a demo for us.
- Implementation and maintenance of key gameplay features and systems in C++ in Unreal Engine.
- Close collaboration with the Lead Programmer, CTO, and team members (programmers, designers, producers).
- Contribute to the general architecture of our systems.
- Improve existing features, investigate and fix bugs.
- Actively attend code reviews.
- Work from an early stage on a very interesting project backed by a major publisher.
- Interesting programming challenges. Our priority is the quality of the game, we want to improve all the technical aspects compared to Terminator: Resistance.
- Career building opportunities in a fast-growing company with big ambitions.
- Opportunity to work with PS5 and XSX from day one (our CIS and codebase are already compatible).
- Receive an attractive salary in pair with your experience and skills.
- Work in a company with a stable financial situation and a well-established position on the global market.
- Enjoy a brand new, modern office of the highest standard, tailored specifically to our needs (remote work during the Covid-19 pandemic).
- Become a member of the Multisport program.
- Have access to private health care at Luxmed.
- We offer assistance for foreigners willing to relocate to our home town Krakow.
- Flexible working hours (work starting between 7 am and 10 am).
- We had no crunch in many years
- From 20 to 26 days of paid vacation per year.