We are looking for a talented and passionate Environment Artist for our new unannounced AAA game. You'll work with the Art Director, Designers, and Engineers in order to create and assemble high-quality believable assets and environments with a great understanding of optimization and performance in mind.
- Realistic focus and keen observation skills, resulting in high-quality models and textures within a physically-based rendering (PBR) workflow.
- Strong ability in creation and engine integration of assets following both the project's vision and technical demands.
- Skilled in asset and level optimization for performance, while still maintaining quality.
- Advanced skills in both architectural and organic environments within a modular workflow.
- A passion for providing true immersion to the player by guiding mechanics through the environmental scenes.
- Strong attention to detail, shape, scale, and volumes as well as great concept art reading and interpretation.
- Familiar with tiling texture workflows and material implementation systems.
- Ability to work closely with Designers using visual prototypes providing functional gray mesh.
- Strong communication ability within a multidisciplinary team.
- Well-organized and highly optimized workflow to match the production schedule
Skills & Requirements
- 3 or more years creating assets and environments for game development.
- Strong understanding of next-gen game engine limitations and optimization pipelines.
- Strong skills in Unreal Engine, Maya, Substance Painter, and Zbrush.
- Strong ability to follow and maintain a specific art style.
- Your reel or portfolio must show detailed environments and scenes
- Knowledge of Substance Designer and tiling material production.
- Excellent art foundation, composition, and color implementation.
- Knowledge of cinematic lighting theory and uses.
- Open to find and research solutions that are both technically and artistically demanding