Senior/Lead Technical Artist (Rigging)
Lightspeed LA is looking for a Senior/Lead Technical Artist (rigging) who has a passion for building AAA quality characters to life. This is a flexible, highly creative role responsible for building an immersive game experience in a living, breathing world.
- Design and build character rigging pipeline.
- Collaborate with character, animation and mocap team to integrate rigging pipeline.
- Develop custom rigging tools,nodes and deformers.
- Set a golden standard for production rigs.
- Work with production to establish a project schedule.
- Build, mentor and manage a rigging team.
- 5+ years experience in rigging.
- Shipped at least one AAA game with high quality/complex rigs or equivalent VFX/Feature animation production.
- 2+ years as a senior, lead or principal artist on shipped AAA title.
- Expert knowledge of Maya
- Demonstrate and understanding of anatomy and facial motion.
- Ability to review character designs and models.
- Familiar with FACS and other face systems.
- Familiar with mocap integration.
- Familiar with game engine and/or GPU based rendering.
- Python pipeline and tool development.
Additional desired knowledge:
- C++ plugin development.
- Experience with dynamics based cloth, muscle and/or hair solutions (Houdini, NCloth, etc.)