(Closed) Senior DevOps Engineer - Tencent Games
Tencent Games Global Publishing Center Tech Team is the international unit of Tencent Games, a leading global platform for game development, publishing and operation. Aiming to improve our games and transform the gaming industry, our mission is to solve the toughest challenges in gaming with technology.
With offices in Singapore and around the world, our growth strategy is to build upon attracting the best talent and creating an amazing work atmosphere that balances the energy of a start-up with the resources of a global innovation leader. As the world’s leading technology company, we maintain an entrepreneurial spirit and an open mindset.
If you are passionate about the gaming industry and eager to do groundbreaking work in a friendly, cross-cultural environment, we can provide unparalleled stability, resources, access to more than a billion players, and an international perspective.
If you like us are ambitious and self-driven, we invite you to explore Tencent Games Global Publishing Center Tech Team and take challenges that will create new adventures for billions of players.
- Work on diversified cloud Platforms consisting of Databases and CICD, Logging, and monitoring tools to provide stable, and reliable DevOps service to Tencent’s oversea game studios.
- Everything as a code – automate manual processes and aim to eliminate them.
- Identify and resolve problems relating to critical service operations.
- Be involved in the design and subsequent implementation of software and service infrastructure.
- Mentor other engineers define our technical culture and help build a fast-growing team.
- Preferably a degree in computer science, software engineering, information technology or related fields.
- Experience with cloud computing technologies from vendors such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform.
- 5-7 years of relevant experience with managing IT infrastructure with focus on the Unix platforms.
- Possess a solid understanding of the Linux or FreeBSD/OpenBSD family of Operating Systems and their underlying components.
- Possess analytical skills, mental resilience and the ability to think systematically under stressful conditions.
- Highly accountable and takes ownership. Outstanding work ethic, high-integrity, team player, and a lifelong learner.
- Experience in one or more of: C, C++, Java, Perl, Python, Go, or scripting experience in Shell.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and work effectively across the organization.
- Develop and deliver, documentation and training materials. Perform training about database design modelling as well as operational best practices across the company.
- Bilingual in both English and Chinese
Nice to Have:
- Multi Cloud orchestration – Terraform, Kubernetes.
- Configuration management tool experiences such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet or Salt Stack.
- Experience with continuous integration and/or continuous deployment.
- Experience with hardening systems and knowledge in information security.
- Contributes to open source project Experience with performance analysis and debugging tools.