R&D Project Manager
Tencent Lightspeed and Quantum Tech Center is the R&D central team providing top-level technical supports for internal project teams including AAA game production teams. We are looking for a Project Manager who will embrace our culture and share his/her hard-earned expertise to make and maintain schedules, provide strategic planning and support the producers and team leadership for our global R&D and production team. We hope this Project Manager could apply the achievements and experience of tech center to the whole game production process.
We are picturing someone who has experience in technology management, passionate about the build process, and eager to help our teams hit their development goals. If this sounds like you, we look forward to seeing your resume!
- Manage development workflows of different internal R&D projects to deliver new progress.
- Collaborate with staff and management of multiple worldwide cross functional teams to clearly identify, explain, and communicate project involvement, project goals, expectations, tasks, and timelines.
- Formulate, guide, and direct the technical approach, define and negotiate with activity and agency personnel for necessary resources.
- Work closely with the AAA production team for driving projects from inception through deployment. Make a commitment to the final delivery of the AAA game production.
- Apply structured knowledge to improvement of existing project management processes.
- Establish and control technical milestones, schedules, budgets and costs for all programs, subprograms and tasks. Being responsible for the project timeline, task assignments, and handling schedule progress.
- Coordinate with the game production team, promptly transmit their technical demands to R&D departments (tech center), and build consensus among cross-functional teams; advocate for critical partnerships across the organization; gain key stakeholders' support and organizational resources.
- 3+ years of experience as a project/program manager in R&D projects.
- Have a solid understanding of researching and development processes; programming background is a plus.
- Experience in the video game, internet or technology industries is a must. Experience in AAA game development is highly preferred.
- Experience with project management framework and methodologies (Agile, Waterfall, Scrum alike).
- Process knowledge and expertise in the use of professional project management tools including but not limited to Jira, Confluence, Trello and mentoring the project organization to implement standard methodologies and thrive to continuous improvements.
- Exceptional organizational including attention to details and multitasking, cross-functional coordination skills.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and negotiation skills in a complex multi-culture environment.
- Motivated, organized self-starter with the ability to correct routine or complicated problems effectively.
- Adaptation to change quickly and effectively, maintaining a professional attitude and achieve action items through completion.