Tencent International Business Legal Center
Tencent Games Global
Tencent Games is expanding internationally and looking for dynamic and well-rounded Legal Counsel to be a key member of a newly formed team. As Legal Counsel at IEG Global, you will have a ground level opportunity to support Tencent’s game studios around the world in game development, advise game publishing groups as they operate in various territories, and be responsible for various global legal and policy issues.
- Advise on a wide range of legal and business matters in the areas of development, licensing, technology, operations, marketing, policy, governance, and publishing.
- Draft and negotiate complex licensing, distribution, professional services, content development, and other commercial agreements.
- Contribute to the development and continuous improvement of policies, forms, trainings, and processes to ensure operational efficiency and compliance with US, European, and other laws and regulations.
- Collaborate with external counsel and other Tencent attorneys based around the world, including in mainland China, Hong Kong, Singapore, EU, and the US.
- Develop creative solutions to support business needs while mitigating risk in a constantly evolving industry.
- You have three or more years of experience working in a law firm and/or in-house legal department, providing services to video game, technology, entertainment, or similar clients.
- You have strong academic credentials and are a member of a relevant Bar or other recognized legal association.
- You are passionate about IP, content, and have broad experience with IP and corporate transactions work.
- You enjoy supporting clients from project conception through live operations, in a dynamic environment.
- You have excellent communication skills and can establish strong working relationships with business leads.
- You can work independently to manage the entire contract process from initial contact through negotiation and execution.
- You speak English (mandarin Chinese a plus).
- You like video games.
Tencent is focused on bringing high-quality and engaging internet services and entertainment to its users and is among the top ten publicly traded companies by market value. Tencent is a leading global video game company, partnering with developers such as Riot Games, Epic Games, Supercell, and Activision. Tencent is currently the 7th most valuable company in BrandZ's Top 100 Most Valuable Global Brands 2020 ranking, making it one of only two non-American brands in the top 10.
About Tencent Legal
Tencent’s in-house legal department is on the forefront of the intersection between law and technology and has helped shape internet law. Tencent Legal has been awarded the Most Innovative Asia-Pacific In-House Legal Team by the Financial Times and In-House Team of the Year by China Law & Practice. Many of its lawyers have worked and studied in the US and abroad.