IT Manager, APAC
Roles & Responsibilities
Tencent Overseas IT has the mission to empower Tencent’s rapid global growth with future ready, global IT platforms, applications and services. We are chartered to lead the Overseas IT strategy, architecture, roadmap and execution. Satisfying our internal/external customers and becoming a world class global IT team are our top aspirations.
We are currently seeking a passionate Sr. IT manager, APAC. Reporting to Tencent’s Overseas IT organization, this position will be based in Singapore, responsible for leading the IT team for APAC, excluding Greater China (Mainland, Hong Kong, Taiwan).
- Lead and manage the APAC IT team, primarily located in Singapore today.
- Deeply understand Tencent’s business needs in Singapore and other APAC countries (excluding Greater China), as well IT compliance, cyber security, data security and regulations.
- Actively understand, align with Overseas IT strategy, roadmap and execution. Be an advocate building a cohesive global + local future ready enterprise IT solutions.
- Play an essential and active role in defining/designing/rolling out Overseas’ global + local IT solutions, to empower world class digital employee experience and high productivity for APAC business.
- Manage and support the IT data separation and operations teams, to meet Tencent’s compliance and security requirements.
- Drive the customer satisfaction of APAC IT services, as well as the adoption of new IT solutions, including platform, applications, infrastructure.
- Closely partner with cross functional IT and business teams, in Singapore, APAC, HQ and other overseas locations.
- Continuously improve IT processes, increase IT productivity to achieve IT Speed to Market, such as but not limited to, process optimization, automation, self-service and supportability.
- Drive and streamline IT, HR, finance processes and applications to provide the best DAY 1 experience for new Tencent employees, as well as daily experience.
- Proactively balance global and local needs to ensure manageability and local user satisfaction.
- Define and deliver data driven analytics/metrics to drive and measure the adoption and customer satisfaction.
- Collaborate with Overseas IT team, lead APAC team to standardize employee Hardware/Software, streamline procurement/shipping process, and establish Overseas IT Asset management.
Who we are looking for:
- Self-motivated, articulate, passionate to deliver the best result and achieve the highest customer satisfaction. Quick learner.
- Love satisfying customers with a state of art cloud solutions, realizing ideas, building services, and unlocking the potential of new technology!
- Collaborative, independent, insistent, flexible, and open minded. And you see no conflict in any of these things.
- Knowledgeable, resourceful and show initiative. You always keep the customer’s objectives in mind.
- Positive by nature, a great team player, and both dependable and autonomous.
- Customer oriented and could work at a very fast pace.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science. MS/MBA preferred.
- 7+ years of working experience in IT management, ideally working in a global Internet or tech companies with APAC presence.
- 10+ experience in IT applications (for example, HR, finance IT apps), IT operations, cloud and on prem based IT platforms, and IT compliance and data security/privacy management.
- 3+ years of experience working with global IT teams and delivering towards global+local business/IT needs.
- Strong knowledge and working experience in IT data security, compliance and global regulations in data security, cyber security, and privacy.
- Demonstratable achievements or business results enabled by IT.
- Strong knowledge of ITIL Service Management concepts and experience managing ITIL processes.
- Knowledge of collaborative productivity tools, for example but not limited, instant messaging, collaboration, workspace, knowledge management, issue resolution, ticketing is preferred.
- Bilingual: English & Mandarin