Game Content Designer
Lightspeed LA is looking for a highly creative Content Designer who has a passion for building AAA open world content. This role is responsible for creating gameplay content, scenarios, characters, and systems that enrich the open world gameplay experience. As a Content Designer, you will collaborate with Art, Design, Narrative, and Tech to bring open world experiences to life.
- 3+ years of experience in game design, including one shipped title
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills
- Craft compelling activities that bolster the variety of open world gameplay experiences
- Design and implement fully realized ambient character behaviors and interactions that bring depth, texture, and believability to a living, breathing world
- Craft ambient content that creates memorable storytelling moments in a wide emotional range, from tragic to heartfelt, from frightening to cathartic, from thrilling to somber.
- Help drive the vision for world spaces, ecologies, and theming of game systems
- Evaluate and implement story concepts, step by step gameplay, ecosystems, characters, cinematics, and dialog
- Partner closely with other disciplines to ensure that content complements narrative, art, technical and design decisions
- Demonstrate versatile game design skills including documentation, planning, tuning, pacing, rewards, and scripting
- Expert in establishing high-level ecologies, ecosystems, factions, and AI behavior
- Experience with modern game engines and visual scripting (Unreal, Unity, etc.)
- A strong technical implementation background
- Shipped at least one AAA game from inception to finish