Lead Game Server Engineer
Ten Square Games is one of the largest Polish producers and publishers of free-to-play mobile games, which are played by 30 million users worldwide every month. The business was started out as a 3-person project in a 10-square-meter apartment in Wroclaw and quickly developed into a company with almost 250 specialists. Among over 200 titles, our biggest hits are: Fishing Clash, Let's Fish and Wild Hunt.
We have reached a top spot in hobby games world-wide, now we are aiming to explore and innovate in casual gaming genres. In order to do that we are currently opening a brand new autonomous studio in Warsaw and building a core team of experienced and crazy talented people interested in working on the next big thing!
You will join a self-organizing, creative team of highly experienced and crazy talented experts, who contribute actively with ideas and together shape product vision. You will take full ownership of your role and become a part of a small, high performing team, working in a safe and friendly environment, with a collaborative and result-oriented mindset.
Currently, we’re seeking a key role: Lead Game Server Engineer
As a Lead Server Engineer, you will become our partner in creating the new studio and GENRE-DEFINING GAME!
In order to make sure that our players get the best, most uninterrupted experience possible we need an experienced Server Engineer to hop on board and set the direction of the backend development in the studio.
A person who’s confident with taking key decisions determining the future of the product. Someone who would draw conclusions from things that went wrong so that the team would benefit in the future, knowing how to overcome obstacles and be better prepared for any unexpected turn of events. We’re humble at TSG, so it’s fantastic if you are, too. Oh, and pragmatism is of paramount importance to us. Interested? Come and join us!
- architecting the server-side of our new games;
- leading the distribution and upkeep of new games highly-scalable backends through maintenance and design;
- troubleshooting and monitoring high-volume database systems;
- prototyping and bringing up to life the new game ideas;
- collaborating with a cross-functional team to achieve the best possible quality of our products;
- actively contributing towards the best practice of reliability and availability;
- providing technical leadership in back-end technologies and acting as a resource for the studio.
- 5+ years of experience in server-side Java programming along with concurrency handling and distributed systems;
- strong exposure to game development;
- good knowledge of algorithms and data structures;
- demonstrate solid Linux shell experience along with scripting languages;
- able to think on your feet and don’t shy away from working under pressure as our aim is to minimize downtime in games, so you’ll be expected to respond and troubleshoot a range of issues accompanying the production environment;
- highly-committed and passionate about getting things done autonomously;
- willingness to work as part of a team and having an open-minded attitude towards your colleagues and their work;
- clear and open communication on the needs, wants and ideas;
- hands-on approach;
- true passion for games;
- very good command of English and willingness to work in an international environment.
AMAZE US WITH:
- experience in Redis and/or PostgreSQL database;
- knowledge of data serialization in client-server communication.
We’re offering a full range of the gaming industry perks and throwing in some more. Our new-established studio will give you:
- freedom of making partnership decisions;
- flat structure;
- direct influence on the final product and business direction;
- safe environment to develop yourself and your skills;
- friendly and mature working atmosphere.
- working hardware matters - win or mac with accessories - take your pick;
- award-winning office space in the center of warsaw;
- attractive remuneration based on experience and skills;
- company stock.
- development days (market reconstructions, communities of practice);
- access to educational books that you help us collect in our new office.
- assistance in relocation and relocation package;
- unique welcome pack;
- private medical care and multisport card;
- free lunch days, fresh fruits, refreshments in the office;
- company trips and gatherings.