Senior Lighting Artist
As a Lighting Artist, you will help to create amazing environments, which will be discovered and admired by our players. Using light, the day and night cycle and changing weather conditions you will create the unforgettable atmosphere of locations, creating their mood and supporting gameplay.
Your daily tasks:
- creating lighting for locations and building the atmosphere with light in key scenes for the narration and playing in the full day and night cycle,
- working with the Art Director and the Lead Level Artist,
- lighting large outdoor open scenes, taking into account changes in the time of day and weather,
- taking care of the visual coherence of lighting throughout the whole game,
- ensuring lighting is optimal and technically correct,
- co–operation in the development of technology related to lighting in an open world game,
- taking part in creating ideas and plans for locations/levels,
- work using a proprietary C-Engine editor.
You meet our expectations if you have:
- at least 5 years of experience in creating lighting/level art for video games supported by a portfolio,
- outstanding artistic skills, including a good sense of color and composition
- very good command of English,
- passion for games and knowledge of the game industry from the player's perspective, (knowledge of games previously released by Techland will be a huge plus),
- ability to communicate ideas verbally and with the aid of quick sketches/references
- great teamwork skills,
- excellent sense for searching and analyzing reference materials from games as well as the real world.
Nice to have:
- familiarity with architecture,
- artistic skills (drawing, painting, modeling, etc.).