Senior External Producer
A senior external producer is responsible for delivery of large-scope Games Label projects on time and in full, creating great relationships with our developer partners and guiding them to deliver the best possible games.
They will also be responsible for the Team17 production due diligence process and provide coaching and line management support for less experienced members of the team.
- Day-to-day running of the Team17 production due diligence process to assess development projects being considered for the Team17 Games Label.
- Managing large-scope games development projects on our Games Label from initial concept through to release and beyond.
- Coaching and line management of less experienced members of the external production team.
- Building great relationships with our Games Label partners and being the primary point of contact for Games Label partners for the wider development studio.
- Working with our Games Label partners to create a realistic project plan, defining and monitoring the project’s scope, budget and schedule.
- Helping our Games Label partners to use appropriate production processes and methodology which support the team and facilitate the creation of the best possible games.
- Overseeing internal team members who are supporting our Games Label partners to deliver great games.
- Utilising good project management techniques to monitor, control and balance the overall scope, budget, schedule and quality of our games.
- Reviewing milestone deliverables and working to ensure they are fully achieved to the highest standards.
- Removing impediments that arise during development to ensure that the team are able to focus on what they do best.
- Managing the development roadmap, keeping all studios and stakeholders aware of developments throughout the project lifetime (including post-launch and service support).
- Being an advocate for all assigned games within the studio and wider business, championing the team and presenting progress to stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Reporting of project status and risks to production leadership, the commercial team and other stakeholders as required.
- Building and maintaining excellent relationships with others across the business and with our Games Label partners, upholding the values of the production department within the business.
- At least five years of experience in a production role within the games industry.
- A people person who is friendly and confident speaking to developers
- A natural leader who can motive and guide development teams and processes.
- Flexible with a willingness to adapt to different relationships and ways of working.
- A good fit within the studio environment and wider business, with an emphasis on building and maintaining strong relationships.
- Exceptional project management skills and experience, with a solid understanding of modern project management methodologies and practices.
- Immaculate written and verbal communication skills.
- Exemplary organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise a varying workload effectively.
- An excellent, up-to-date knowledge of the games industry and gaming trends.