We are looking for a Rendering Programmer to join our development teams on exciting new projects!!
If you work for us, you will get to work as part of our programming team on any number of challenging projects. We look for individuals who can work well with other disciplines and understand the benefit of close collaboration, production of quality systems and code runs alongside this to ensure that game features are delivered to agreed schedules and quality.
As a Rendering programmer you would be expected to work closely with the Artists to realize the visual direction of game worlds we create, looking to help implement visual features and assessing the graphical performance of the game across multiple platforms.
An eye for detail and quality is needed along with the ability to communicate technical items clearly to multiple disciplines. You will be able to show first class planning / game architecture skills as well as technical skills.
Being involved with the programming team means you will also benefit from highly experienced staff who are there to help train and mentor you to ensure you are improving your own skills and looking to further yourself within the team. You should also be passionate about games and gaming; we like to enjoy our work but also relax and enjoy everything games related at the same time.
We also offer;
- A full range of employee benefits including private Medical Insurance, discounted gym membership and an Employee Share scheme.
- An annual bonus scheme.
- A range of fun and social activities all year round and flexible start and finish times with an option of some remote working*
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Working with artists to assess their needs and vision to produce the required technical implementations
- Assessing performance of games both for CPU and GPU bottlenecks using a variety of tools and processes, planning and delivering optimisation to ensure games attain the required framerate
- Planning, writing, debugging code for project features to ensure they are delivered to the desired quality
- Assessing project bug database for issues and being proactive to address them where necessary.
- Assessing task/timings to assist in schedule production
- Carry out assigned tasks within the time scheduled for them and reporting progress to your Lead Programmer and/or Producer
The skills and experience you will need to apply for this role include:
- Games Development experience or a demonstrable passion for Games Development
- Experience with high-level graphics optimizations – Culling, LODing, light baking/probes, occlusion, compression etc
- Experience of CPU rendering systems, renderer submission, multi-threaded renderers, graphics jobs and optimization techniques surrounding these.
- Experience with various graphics profiling tools – PIX, RenderDoc, GPU Razor, Intel GPA etc
- Experience developing games with Unity, Unreal Engine or a custom engine
- Experience with one of the following languages: C/C++ or C#
- Good written and verbal communication skills to ensure clarity and accuracy of communication.
- A passion to learn and further your own skill set Knowledge of developing games on a console platforms – Xbox One, PS4, Switch
Team17 is committed to building a diverse workforce and therefore we embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds making us a very innovative business to join!
We offer flexible working hours to suit the modern to and fro's of life, with a relaxed, friendly and supportive studio.
*to be discussed upon application/will be role dependent