Team17 is busier than ever, working on an array of successful and interesting new game IPs.
We are expanding rapidly – the last 3 years have all been record years for us! We are known for developing and publishing a wide range of games at the highest quality including The Escapists, Overcooked!, Yooka-Laylee and of course the Worms franchise.
If you work for us, you will get to work alongside several of our internal and external teams supporting projects with your technical knowledge and planning skills. These will include projects from our diverse Games Label partners helping to reduce risk, ensure clear and concise communication, and deliver truly outstanding gaming experiences.
There will also be an opportunity to help build and enhance our internal team alongside the Technical Director and other Programming Leads, this will involve recruitment of new team members, planning for technical training and skill development and supporting existing/new employees through mentoring.
You will also be responsible to maintaining relationships with third-party companies who provide tools we utilize in development; this can range from raising bug reports to talking about future updates and features that could be utilized by projects in development.
We also offer;
- A full range of employee benefits including private Medical Insurance, discounted gym membership and an Employee Share scheme
- An annual bonus scheme
- A range of fun and social activities
- Flexible start and finish times with an option of some remote working*
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Supporting teams with technical knowledge and experience
- Reviewing schedules and technical planning for projects
- Working with Production to ensure timely delivery of projects
- Being a technical contact for external Games Label partners for their projects
- Looking ahead to ensure risks are identified and appropriate plans put in place
The skills and experience you will need to apply for this role include:
- Essential Games Development experience in a Senior, Lead or Management role
- Team Management experience including production schedules and technical documentation
- Experience with reviewing job applications and undertaking interviews for potential new staff
- Ability to communicate cross-discipline on technical subjects to ensure clear and concise requirements are understood by all stakeholders for planned work.
- Advanced knowledge/experience developing games with Unity Advanced C# knowledge including games architecture and optimization experience.
- Ability to prototype and introduce new technical solutions
- Advanced knowledge of one or more programming specialisms – Systems, AI, Rendering, Networking, UI.
- Experience developing games on console platforms – Xbox One, PS4, Switch
Team17 is committed to building a diverse workforce and therefore we embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights, and backgrounds making us a very innovative business to join!?
*to be discussed upon application/will be role dependent