Junior IT Technician
2020 has been a breakthrough year for Team 17, having acquired a new development studio and shipped multiple titles already with many new game IPs to come.
With success comes growth, our IT team are busier than ever and we are therefore looking for self-motivated Junior IT Technician to join us on a 6 month fixed term contract. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to take their first step into the technology industry within a well established IT function.
This is very much a hands on role; a day in the life of a Junior Technician could include building PCs, performing repairs, installing software applications and supporting the IT onboarding process or new starters. The ideal candidate will have a genuine interest in technology within the gaming space, excellent communications skills with an aptitude to problem solving.
- Assisting with the step up, maintenance and repair of computers, audio-visual equipment, consoles and computer-related equipment
- Installing and configuring software applications
- Assisting with the upkeep of the IT inventory
- Maintaining satisfactory standards of safety and security in relation to computers and equipment
- Assisting the IT onboard process for new starters, supporting the Office Manager with logistics and services
Key Skill and Experience
- A basic understanding of: Computer hardware and peripherals, Windows 10 operating system, PC troubleshooting and Desktop configuration
- A genuine interest in technology and game spec hardware
- Excellent communication skills
- An ability to solve problems
- An ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- A high degree of drive, energy and an unfailing positive attitude
- Confidence, resilience and determination
- A flexible approach