(Closed) Back End Website Developers (Remote Considered)
Job Title: Back End Website Developer.
Type: Full Time.
Location: Utrecht, NL or Remote.
Reports to: Head of Websites, Head of Liquipedia, CTO.
A successful candidate is:
- Organized. Implementing systematic workflows and proper documentation are essential skills for our ideal candidate.
- Flexible. Our developer must be able to accommodate different time zones and work on simultaneous projects.
- Meticulous. The debugging and testing phases are crucial in web development, and our ideal candidate must be able to review as well as they write code.
- Able to adjust. Feedback is an important part of the development process, and our ideal candidate must be able to incorporate requests and suggestions from departments heads and qualified colleagues.
- A team player. As a global organization across many different continents, cultures, and games, our developers must be able to work with all staff who require their expertise.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Strong experience in PHP development, both with and without application frameworks.
- Excellent understanding of secure coding practices and web security, including but not limited to SQL, Code Injection, XSS, CSRF, serialization attacks, and others.
- Excellent understanding of web performance and the use of correct database indices, caching layers, and other efficient methods.
- Knowledge of tools like composer, NPM, and others for dependency management.
- Familiarity with git version control.
- Experience with LESS, SASS, Python development with Django, bootstrap, and jQuery is a bonus but not required.
- Ability to relocate to Utrecht highly preferred, but remote positions will be considered.
- Maintain website back end usability and functionality.
- Manage all databases and develop necessary databases for future website features.
- Develop new features for current and future websites.
- Coordinate with front end developers to ensure compatibility and usability.
- Work with all website teams to conceptualize new features and websites.
How to Apply:
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to the email address linked below with the subject line "Attn: Back End Website Developer Application".