(Closed) Analyst - League of Legends
Team Liquid is a global esports enterprise and is proud to be one of the most recognizable names in esports. Founded in 2000, Team Liquid has built this reputation through championship victories, unwavering commitment to our fans and by leading the way in groundbreaking innovations in technology and infrastructure within the gaming industry. Being the best competitor in esports is only the beginning. 1UP Studios, a production company created out of Team Liquid’s video division, creates the best and most diverse content in the industry, continuously raising the bar of esports creative. Our website properties include Liquipedia, the Wikipedia of esports, and our community sites have created a breeding ground for individuals that have taken bigger roles in the esports industry; and this is just the beginning for us...
As you can probably tell, Team Liquid is growing, and we are looking for an experienced League of Legends Analyst to join in our success! We are looking for an individual who enjoys a fast-paced environment with challenging yet incredibly rewarding work.
A successful candidate is:
- Analytical. Our ideal candidate possesses an astute mind that can parse information and focus on highly significant details.
- A League of Legends Expert. Staying up-to-date on the current competitive meta through review and first-hand experience are requirements for our analyst.
- Organized. Data presentation is an important part of the job, and our ideal candidate understands how to explain even the most complex concepts.
- Detail-oriented. Small details separate the best teams, and we require an analyst that can see advantages that are easy to miss.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Technical scrim preparation: Making Lobby, Joining Lobby on players’ and spectate PCs, setting up any POV or directed-camera streams/recordings, Patching TR before Scrims and any other necessary software or systems that become necessary during the split.
- Creating custom presentations and reports as well as distributing work to and managing the analysts/position coaches to create an efficient analytical/position-coaching team.
- Ensuring constant communication with coaching staff to determine strengths and weaknesses of both our own team and our opponents.
- Conducting Weekly meetings Post LCS to account for upcoming week’s Lesson Plan.
- Research opposing teams for the purpose of providing strategic advice on the enemy teams’ exploitable weaknesses and/or habits as well as their unique notable strengths.
- Writing a Scrim Summary per block and per day highlighting the areas the team is working on and what progress was made for the coaching staff to review before EOD.
- Working with coaching staff to create learning systems for big concepts
- Holding meetings with the positional coaches or players to discuss the positional coaches’ effectiveness and any changes in the development and/or needs of the player.
- If necessary, will be responsible for working with the positional coach to write a report on the individual goals and progress of the player.
- Work and discuss with Coaching staff daily in determining structure for both the team but also to set processes in place to ensure players are given all the resources they need to work on any individual goals, including but not limited to working with position coaches to create a tailored support structure for each player as the player needs.
- Liaise with and direct the development of analytical and coaching software provided by third-party partners ensuring that the systems are appropriate for the practice and delivered in a manner that is useful for the team.
- Assist the company in the identification of players through scouting grounds, in-game scouting, run comparisons against other players that might be in challenger or other leagues around the world.
- Assist in onboarding, off boarding and vendor management/selection for analytical vendors/employees and contractors
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Must be able to grasp the team needs from an analytical standpoint and work in tandem to advise the coaching staff while working with the analysts to execute on it.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Excellent understanding of MS Excel, Google sheets/docs, and similar programs.
- Comprehensive knowledge of League of Legends.
- Experience in data analysis fields required.
- Knowledge of the LCS professional scene preferred.