(Closed) Analyst - League of Legends
Team Liquid is a global esports enterprise and is proud to be one of the most recognizable names in esports. Founded in 2000, Team Liquid has built this reputation through championship victories, unwavering commitment to our fans and by leading the way in groundbreaking innovations in technology and infrastructure within the gaming industry. Being the best competitor in esports is only the beginning. 1UP Studios, a production company created out of Team Liquid’s video division, creates the best and most diverse content in the industry, continuously raising the bar of esports creative. Our website properties include Liquipedia, the Wikipedia of esports, and our community sites have created a breeding ground for individuals that have taken bigger roles in the esports industry; and this is just the beginning for us...
As you can probably tell, Team Liquid is growing, and we are looking for an experienced League of Legends Analyst to join in our success! We are looking for an individual who enjoys a fast-paced environment with challenging yet incredibly rewarding work.
A successful candidate is:
- Analytical. Our ideal candidate possesses an astute mind that can parse information and focus on highly significant details.
- A driven League of Legends aficionado. More than just expertise and skills, our ideal candidate must possess the drive and creativity to use those competencies to influence the direction of the League of Legends meta.
- Willing to take risks. Whether it’s in taking the leap into our unpredictable industry, or in espousing pocket picks and non-standard game decisions, our ideal candidate should be willing to put everything on the line if it means a greater chance of success.
- Excellent at visualization and presentation. Effectively communicating the conclusions of one’s studies and delivering them to its audience is just as important as arriving at those insights.
- A competitive individual. Our ideal candidate takes pride in the results of their team, taking each win and each title as their own successes, and each failure as a sign of improvement.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversee technical scrim preparation: Making lobby, joining lobby on players’ and spectator PCs, setting up any POV or directed-camera streams/recordings, patching TR before scrims and any other necessary software or systems that become necessary during the split.
- Create custom presentations and reports as well as manage and distribute work to the analysts and position coaches to create an efficient ancillary coaching team.
- Ensure constant communication with coaching staff to determine strengths and weaknesses of both our own team and our opponents.
- Conduct weekly meetings post-LCS to account for upcoming week’s lesson plan.
- Research opposing teams for the purpose of providing strategic advice on the enemy teams’ exploitable weaknesses and/or habits as well as their unique notable strengths.
- Write scrim summaries per block and per day highlighting the areas the team is working on and what progress was made for the coaching staff to review before EOD.
- Work with coaching staff to create learning systems for big concepts.
- Hold meetings with the positional coaches or players to discuss the positional coaches’ effectiveness and any changes in the development and/or needs of the player.
- If necessary, will be responsible for working with the positional coach to write a report on the individual goals and progress of the player.
- Work and discuss with coaching staff daily in determining structure for the team, and to set processes in place to ensure players are given all the resources they need to work on any individual goals, including but not limited to working with position coaches to create a tailored support structure for each player as the player needs.
- Liaise with and direct the development of analytical and coaching software provided by third-party partners ensuring that the systems are appropriate for the practice and delivered in a manner that is useful for the team.
- Assist the company in the identification of players through scouting grounds, in-game scouting, run comparisons against other players that might be in challenger or other leagues around the world.
- Assist in onboarding, off boarding and vendor management/selection for analytical vendors/employees and contractors.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- A bachelor’s degree or higher in sports analytics, sports science, mathematics, data science, information systems, or other relevant and highly analytical fields.
- At least 4 years of work experience in fields related to data science or sports, with emphasis on data analysis.
- Must be able to grasp the team needs from an analytical standpoint and work in tandem to advise the coaching staff while working with the analysts to execute on it.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. Must be able to explain complex concepts and patterns to players and staff alike.
- Excellent understanding of a suite of analytical tools, such as sheets applications, database tools, statistical tools, and others. Please indicate your preferred software and tools in your application.
- Experience in data visualization and presentation is strongly preferred. Ability to create and present in various formats such as slides, charts, graphs, and videos highly preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of League of Legends.
- Knowledge of the League of Legends professional scene highly preferred but not required.