(Closed) NA Valorant Coach
NA Valorant Coach
Team Basilisk is hiring an exceptional coach to build a new Tier-1 Valorant Team. This is a paid remote role.
Team Basilisk is a Tier-1 esports organization. We share investors and advisors with other orgs like Liquid, Immortals, and TSM. We differ from the other orgs in three major ways:
- We are data-driven. We employ world-class data scientists who generate insights about our teams, competition, and fans
- We are using our data to build an artificial intelligence, The Basilisk
- Players and coaches receive professional training and support
- Outstanding records of Esports, academic, or professional achievement
- 2+ years experience coaching or as IGL for a competitive esports team
- Connections and a solid reputation in the competitive Valorant community
- Complete Valorant knowledge including strategies, meta, and tournament scene
- The ability to bring a team together and make them more than 5 immortal solo queuers
- Deep understanding of player issues including tilt, toxicity, and bad coms. You have the strategies and courage to identify and address these problems
- Exceptional analytical skills and the ability to balance gut with evidence
- Professionalism and the ability to rise to Tier-1 org expectations
- Sportsmanship. Today’s competition could be tomorrow’s teammate
- A sparkling clean record of integrity with no background of cheating or fixing. The Basilisk will find out
- Knows the Coronavirus is real and dangerous
- Ability to work North American hours, night owls from other continents welcome
- The ability to work weekends and evenings is required
- Fluency in English is a must, bonus points for additional languages
What You’ll Do
- Patiently lead and help build our NA Valorant team
- You will be responsible for the performance and well-being of your team, working with org management and the data science group to build a top squad
- All practice and game preparation falls under your direction. You are responsible for the implementation of game plans and will be the lead coach at all competitions
- Be a role model for your team and the Valorant community
- Evaluate players during tryouts including skills and coms analysis
- Instruct pros in small group and one-on-one settings
- Provide thoughtful and specific VOD review
- Use stats to validate the progress of your players
- Record and communicate your learnings. You will contribute to and benefit from the larger esports division’s expertise
Who You’ll Work With
When you join Team Basilisk, you are joining an organization that will challenge you and invest heavily in your professional development.
Our staff includes former investment bankers, programmers, award-winning filmmakers, and more.
Team Basilisk is a 100% remote company with staff and players around the world. You will report directly to the Head of Esports. You will work alongside the NA Valorant Manager and our data science team to ensure top performance.
Basilisk is a boost for your career, no matter what you do in the future. Our alumni have gone on to elite graduate schools, big-tech companies, and massive tournament organizers.
As a coach, you understand that a player rises to the level of the team. Each member of Team Basilisk is exceptional and in the habit of teaching others. You will learn rare skills from each of your colleagues and are expected to contribute your own.
To perform at a pro-level, you need to be able to commit to the game. Team Basilisk provides:
- Google-level data analytics about your players and your competition
- A Tier-1 team manager handling scrim organizing, tournament logistics, discord management, and more
- Basilisk mentors have advised Fortune 500 CEOs, run game companies, and earned PHDs
- A professional training program developed by Yale and McKinsey alumni
- Lessons in Lean and data-driven decision making
Your life is your climb. Join Basilisk and make it epic.
On the application website you will be asked to submit:
- Your resume
- Evidence of your capabilities to coach a Tier-1 Valorant team
- A brief personal statement about your biggest achievement in gaming
Team Basilisk is an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or veteran status.
To all talent agencies: Team Basilisk does not accept agency applicants. Please do not submit agency resumes to this post or to Team Basilisk employees.