We’re looking for passionate video editors who want to show the world what they can do on the largest video platform in the world. They will work alongside best in class talent, creative, and production teams at the most exciting company on YouTube!
The Video Editor will be responsible for assembling raw footage into a seamless final product that should be as entertaining as it is high performing for our YouTube audience of over 40 Million Subscribers. We want a candidate who devours stats and analytics, using them as the fuel that fires their creative engine to keep up with a perpetually evolving digital media landscape.
The ideal candidate lives and breathes video editing, always working on their style, but is confident enough in their core strengths that challenges are welcomed. We are looking for someone who is self-motivated and can work on their own but understands the benefit of teamwork to create successful videos, communicating with other teams in order to ensure our videos’ success.
Who you are:
- A lover of YouTube content and fan of creators
- A lover of pop culture and trends
- Someone who holds themselves to highest performance standards
- Someone who thrives on ever-evolving methods and content
- Someone who can take constructive criticism and improve upon an idea
- Someone who takes pride in being ahead of the curve
- Passionate about editing process and techniques
- Eager to further develop editing skills and style
- Ability to pivot and be flexible
- Excited about social media and world of YouTube
What You’ll Do:
- You will cut and trim gameplay or videos in such a way as to add to its entertainment value from start to finish.
- Deliver fresh, entertaining content to keep viewers coming back as well as gain interest and attention of new viewers
- Highlight funny & epic moments
- Maintain a passion for gaming and the internet including but not limited to:
- Learn and maintain knowledge in the development of TBNR best editing practices/ methods
- Manage time so that content is delivered in a timely manner and in accordance with TBNR quality and creative standards
- Display knowledge of content on a per-channel basis and ability to deliver content with that specific standard in mind.
- Edit videos in an on-site environment in both a supervised and unsupervised capacity in meeting all deadline dates.
- Ongoing knowledge and education to maintain relevance in the YouTube/social media ecosystem.
- Work with the Post Production Supervisor and Channel Lead to ensure all QC notes are reviewed and implemented.
- Maintain strong work relationships with all team members and department leaders
- Analyze our own videos after release to identify any key areas that need improvement or stand out as a particularly stellar example of a successful video
- Working knowledge of Windows operating system
- Adobe Premiere
- After Effects
- Familiarity with the Red Giant Universe plugin suite is a plus
- Familiarity with Epidemic Music is a plus
- Ability to cut down raw footage into a compact, entertaining video tailored to perform well on YouTube