Tarsier Studios is looking for an experienced and talented Character Artist to join our art team and help us create the characters that will populate our game worlds. We take great pride in our art, and are passionate about our craft and our responsibility for making our games look visually stunning.
As a Character Artist at Tarsier Studios you will work closely together with concept artists, animators and the art director on the project, and be part of the team who through iterations will bring the characters to life. So if you are passionate about creating memorable characters of high quality then you might be what we are looking for.
Character Artist responsibilities include:
- Create high end 3D models of our game characters in high quality - from sculpting to final textures.
- Be able to iterate and adjust the character models in accordance our needs, both artistically and from a gameplay perspective.
- Contribute to the development of the entire character art pipeline - through a proactive collaboration with concept artists, animators, technical animators and the rest of the development team.
- 3+ years experience in the games industry
- Strong skills in organic modelling and sculpting in Zbrush
- Basic understanding of rigging, skinning and python-scripting in Maya
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4
- Good understanding of creature and human anatomy and structure
- Driven to solve technical challenges with artists, programmers and designers
- Willingness to accept and provide direction and work well under pressure
- Flexibility to cope with frequent iterations
- Fluent in English, both verbal and written
- Able to relocate and work onsite at our office in Malmö, Sweden
- Excellent skills in Photoshop
- Familiarity with Maya and Substance Painter and/or Substance Designer
What we offer:
At Tarsier Studios, we believe in quality above all else; but quality is the residue of care, and most of all, care for people. So our great perks, like 6 weeks vacation, flexible working hours, company-paid supplemental pension and sick leave insurance, additional health allowance and a relocation package, are not there just to make people happy, but to ensure we reach the highest quality bar possible. Making great games means demanding a lot from people, but that doesn't mean we can’t take good care of them while we do so. That is the Tarsier way and what we offer to all our colleagues.