(Closed) Senior Accountant, Revenue Accounting
Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. is a leading developer, publisher, and marketer of interactive entertainment for consumers around the globe. For more than 25 years, our development teams have created some of the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful entertainment experiences, captivating and engaging audiences around the world. We are incredibly proud of our ability to deliver consistently the highest-quality titles, as well as our colleagues who help to create our unique culture and work environment that is inclusive, diverse, and dynamic.
While our offices are casual and inviting, we are deeply committed to our core tenets of creativity, innovation and efficiency, and individual and team development opportunities. Our industry and business are continually evolving and fast-paced, providing numerous opportunities to learn and hone your skills. We work hard, but we also like to have fun, and believe that we provide a great place to come to work each day to pursue your passions.
We are looking for a forward-thinking, eloquent, savvy and results oriented accountant to be a business partner with our Labels and work closely with various departments across the organization. The ideal candidate will have outstanding Excel skills and be eager to dive into the data and learn the business from the ground up.
As a key member of the Revenue Accounting Team, the Senior Accountant analyzes and records revenue in accordance with both ASC 606 and our internal Management reporting standards. This role will support the Revenue Accounting team with the month-end close utilizing sophisticated spreadsheets, RevStream our revenue software tool and streamlining the existing the process. The Senior Accountant also supports the Royalty Accounting Team as needed. This position reports to the Senior Manager of Revenue & Royalty Accounting.
What You’ll Take On
Perform month-end close activities including preparing journal entries, reconciliations and analyses for global revenue on both a US GAAP and Management reporting basis.
- Analyze large data sets from multiple systems and applications in support of our key accounting estimates for revenue recognition.
- Develop full understanding of existing and new distribution and licensing agreements in order to apply appropriate revenue recognition methodology and ensure compliance with ASC 606. This includes teaming with Label Finance and Development to understand the following:
- Game content delivered at time of consumer purchase,
- Game play functionality
- Server support activities
- Details of post-consumer support activities, including resources and costs
- Specified and unspecified free content updates
- Development effort and related costs
- Develop and manage relationships with key Label Finance, Development and IT personnel
- Assist with the implementation of RevStream enhancements
- Provide support to the Senior Manager of Revenue & Royalty Accounting to resolve US GAAP Revenue accounting issues as needed.
- Participate in developing operational and system improvements related to revenue accounting and related costs on both a US GAAP and Management basis.
- Find opportunities for process improvement, proactively question existing procedures, and work with the team to implement change to gain efficiencies and streamline workflows.
- Maintain compliance and evidence of compliance with SOX controls and policies. Ability to clearly document key revenue accounting processes and develop related process flows
- Assist in the preparation of royalty statements as needed
- Work with external auditors on quarterly reviews and annual audit requests, including performing process walkthroughs and providing requested documents in a timely manner.
- Perform various ad hoc analyses and projects as advised by the Senior Manager of Revenue & Royalty Accounting.
- Other responsibilities include but are not limited to special projects, system enhancements, and assisting other Finance teams as needed.
What You Bring
- 3+ years of public and/or private accounting experience required. CPA preferred. Experience working in a high volume, fast pace environment with tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of US GAAP, specifically ASC 606
- Knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley 404 compliance/strong internal control design and implementation.
- Excellent project management, analytical, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work flexibly in order to respond to multiple requests and changing priorities.
- Ability to adapt to change in processes and growth in business.
- High level of enthusiasm and capacity to overcome obstacles.
- Great teammate with good coaching skills.
- Advanced MS Office (Excel, Word) skills.
- Experience with JD Edwards, Hyperion Financial Management (“HFM”), and/or RevStream a plus.
What We Offer You:
- Great Company Culture. Ranked as one of the most creative and innovative places to work, creativity, innovation, efficiency, diversity and philanthropy are among the core tenets of our organization and are integral drivers of our continued success.
- Growth: As a global entertainment company, we pride ourselves on creating environments where employees are encouraged to be themselves, inquisitive, collaborative and to grow within and around the company.
- Work Hard, Play Hard. Our employees bond, blow-off steam, and flex some creative muscles – through corporate boot camp classes, company parties, game release events, monthly socials, and team challenges.
- Benefits. Medical (HSA & FSA), dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, employee stock purchase plan, commuter benefits, in-house wellness program, broad learning & development opportunities, a charitable giving platform with company match and more!
- Perks. Fitness allowance, employee discount programs, free games & events, stocked pantries and the ability to earn up to $500+ per year for taking care of yourself and more!
Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (“T2”) is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, which means we are committed to creating and celebrating diverse thoughts, cultures, and backgrounds throughout our organization. Employment at T2 is based on substantive ability, objective qualifications, and work ethic – not an individual’s race, creed, color, religion, sex or gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, status as a victim of domestic violence or sex offenses, reproductive health decision, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.