ABOUT THE POSITION
Who We Are
Take-Two develops and publishes some of the world's biggest games. Our Rockstar label creates Grand Theft Auto and Red Dead Redemption, two of the most critically acclaimed gaming franchises in history. Our 2K label creates games like NBA 2K, WWE 2K, Bioshock, Borderlands, Evolve, XCOM and the beloved Sid Meier's Civilization. Our Private Division label publishes Kerbal Space Program, The Outer Worlds, and will publish upcoming titles with Obsidian Entertainment, Panache Digital Games and more.
Take-Two Direct to Consumer
The Direct to Consumer team is a (well-funded) startup within Take-Two. We have offices in San Francisco and Vancouver and have built a culture that enables remote work. We're building a commerce and distribution platform for our game labels, partnering directly with our studios to bring value company-wide. Our team is small and agile – we release to our users quickly, and constantly iterate to elevate our product’s quality. We seek regular feedback from our users and labels to make sure we are delivering at and above expectations. We believe in giving our studios the flexibility they need to create the world's greatest games, so we plan to offer a variety of interfaces using modern technology and best practices. Our success is measured by our impact on gamers and developers, not presentations or promises.
The Role Defined:
A Partner Engineer on the D2C team will apply engineering skills and business savvy to solve challenges in game development. You will support game developers at internal and third-party studios to integrate a broad range of platform services built by the Take-Two Gaming Platform team. You will serve as the eyes and ears of the D2C organization, listening to game teams’ goals and challenges and bringing that information back to the rest of the organization.
As a member of the D2C Partner Engineering team, you will work directly with top-notch engineers, product managers, and development partners at game studios to make sure we are not making them choose between meeting deadlines and integrating with our platform. Your communication and problem-solving skills will be vital in the success of our product, which rests heavily on our relationship with the game studios.
- Deeply understand the Take-Two Gaming Platform tech stack and its underlying implementation
- Work closely with game teams and labels to integrate with our gaming platform, answering support questions, writing reference implementations, and supporting their development
- Research and propose solutions to problems across a broad range of topics, such as SDK and API design, performance optimization, service integration, and more
- Adapt platform solutions to the needs of game studios in real time, matching efforts to help them hit demanding deadlines when necessary
- Work closely with fellow engineers and team members, and maintain a strong professional relationship based on communication, respect, and trust
- Mentor more junior engineers, share knowledge with your peers, and contribute to the team’s culture of excellence and openness
- 5+ years of Software Engineering experience, with a preference for experience in commercial desktop applications and/or game development
- Experience in modern C/C++, especially relating to game development, API/SDK design, and client-server applications
- Strong debugging skills, and the ability to quickly chart a path from bug report to viable solutions
- Strong communication and presentation skills, along with the ability to offer solutions without over promising
- Strong written communication and documentation skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, prioritizing and adapting to the needs of the team and leadership adeptly
- Ability to skill-share and mentor junior members of the team, helping to grow the overall capabilities of the team
- Experience with frameworks that employ web technology in application design, such as CEF
- Experience developing games, either independently or professionally
- A presence in the development community (Stack Overflow, open source projects, conferences, blogging, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Git, CI/CD, testing, and build automation best practices
- A passion for performance and providing great end user experience
- A history of self-motivation and self-improvement throughout your career
WHAT WE OFFER YOU:
- Great Company Culture: Creativity, innovation, efficiency, diversity and philanthropy are among the core tenets of our organization and are integral drivers of our continued success.
- Growth: We pride ourselves on creating environments where employees are encouraged to be themselves, inquisitive, collaborative and to grow within and around the company.
- Work Hard, Enjoy Life: Our employees bond, blow-off steam, and flex some creative muscles – through corporate boot camp classes, company parties, game release events, monthly socials, and team challenges.
- Benefits: Medical (HSA & FSA), dental, vision, 401(k), employee stock purchase plan, commuter benefits, in-house wellness program, broad learning & development opportunities, a charitable giving platform with company match and more!
- Perks: Fitness allowance, employee discount programs, free games & events, stocked pantries and earn up to $500+ per year for taking care of yourself and more!
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, which means we are committed to crafting and celebrating diverse thoughts, cultures, and backgrounds throughout our organization. Employment at T2 is based on substantive ability, objective qualifications, and work ethic – not an individual’s race, creed, color, religion, sex or gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, status as a victim of domestic violence or sex offenses, reproductive health decision, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.