Product Manager, Online Games
ABOUT THE POSITION
Private Division is a developer-focused publisher that empowers independent studios to develop the games that they are passionate about creating, while providing the support that they need to make their titles critically and commercially successful on a global scale. Announced as a new division of Take-Two Interactive Software, the label publishes Kerbal Space Program, The Outer Worlds, Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey, Disintegration, and more. Private Division is headquartered in New York City with offices in Seattle, Munich, and Las Vegas.
This is an outstanding opportunity for an entrepreneurial-minded person with experience managing online games to be part of a new business backed by one of the best companies in the industry.
Support internal and 3rd party developers, collaborating with them to understand their communities and helping to craft strategies around special events, offers, ongoing content and standards for games as a service on PC and console. In addition, this is a meaningful role in establishing internal processes and tool pipelines and the desire to experiment and learn is key.
- Manage projects at different stages of development from concept to completion with a focus on how the game is supported during online tests and post-launch.
- Serve as a resource to development studios, assisting them in live operations planning and the resolution of problems.
- Support project budgets, schedules and forecasts, anticipating, identifying and resolving overruns using state-of-the-art project management toolsets.
- Coordinate with Release Management and industry platforms (e.g. Valve, Sony and Microsoft) seeing projects from launch to post-launch support.
- A deep desire to learn and contribute to the creation and growth of a new game publishing label.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Proven experience in game development and has shipped one or more titles for PC or console and supported them post-launch.
- Can share examples of crafting outstanding features that have driven player engagement or improved critical metrics.
- Is comfortable learning new methods and tools and teaching others.
- A love and understanding of games, what it takes to make them and is comfortable with the development process.
- Able to gain and maintain the respect and trust of external development teams through thoughtful discussion and perseverance.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid understanding of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, and/or other meaningful project management toolset.
- Experience building and managing relationships with vendors and other external resources.
- Encouraged to identify and then take ownership of any responsibilities that lie within the scope of projects that are not currently assigned.
Private Division is an equal opportunity employer.