ABOUT THE POSITION
- Provide support to end users in the home Site and corporate sites on all local IT hardware and software issues.
- Install, configure and maintain local IT hardware and software according to policies in place.
- Identify the cause of hardware and software failures and provide corrective action to rectify the problem.
- Identify solutions which will reduce or eliminate the re-occurrence of hardware and software problems
- Ensure email and other communication systems are operating properly, efficiently, and in accordance with corporate security and retention policies.
- Answer queries and provide OS and Office application support to end users.
- Assist in the development of and to adhere to standardised hardware and software installation and support procedures.
- Provide support to other business units in the company as directed by IT management
- Ensure IT Issues are being resolved in a timely manner according to the policies in place. Maintain asset database, maintenance contracts and carry out regular hardware and software audits.
- Document and maintain accurate installation and procedure guides to the local site.
- Keeping the Server room and IT area organised and tidy.
- Ability to work calmly in high pressure situations and manage multiple ongoing projects.
Building and Developing Relationships
- Develop a strong relationship and trust with all local staff
- Establish and maintain a good team relationship within the global IT team
- Collaboration with related internal departments
- To build and enhance relationships with all territories and suppliers
- 2+ years’ experience with the Windows operating system, MS Active Directory and MS Exchange (including DHCP, DNS, etc.), TCP/IP based networks, workstations and infrastructure hardware.
- Knowledge of Apple Mac, IOS, as well as server and PC workstation hardware, software and security essential.
- Proven excellent customer service skills
- Attention to detail and high degree of accuracy in recording and reporting
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven track record of Supporting Microsoft and Apple products in a networked environment
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft applications
- Ability to interact with end users to successfully resolve queries and problems
- Ability to translate technical jargon into plain English
- Understanding of ITIL processes.
- Any related to job responsibilities
COMPANY SYSTEMS & PROCESSES
- Laptop/Desktop Hardware
- Microsoft Windows 10
- Microsoft Office 2016/O365
- Microsoft Exchange 2016
- Mac OS
- Active Directory
- Experience of supporting iPhones
- Commercial English
- Local user satisfaction with IT service
- Quality of local IT infrastructure
- Responsiveness to calls
- Meeting project deadlines
- Regular reports to IT line management