ABOUT THE POSITION
What We're Working On
Kerbal Space Program 2 is the much-anticipated sequel to the beloved Kerbal Space Program, the game that launched a thousand aerospace careers. We’re extending the game in every possible direction — forward into a future of space colonization and next-gen technology, upward to new star systems, and outward toward approachability. KSP2’s gorgeous and beguiling universe combines with a radically improved user experience to attract and foster new players while satisfying existing fans’ appetites for new challenges. We’re also bringing a new social dimension to the game with an all-new multiplayer experience, allowing friends to collaboratively build an interstellar civilization. We believe that by preserving and extending the magic of the original game, a new generation of fans will be given a chance to fall in love with the fearless, ever-curious Kerbals as they explore the cosmos.
WHAT YOU WILL TAKE ON
the Graphics Engineer on our team, you will be responsible for leading all functionality associated with Realtime 3D rendering for our game software, working with a team of engineering professionals. You are a clear and streamlined communicator, an outstanding teammate, and you excel at crafting and writing stable, performant software, specifically at the GPU and Shader level. You will evaluate and understand the potential impacts of various 3D rendering techniques across a variety of hardware and will make evidence-based recommendations on our path forward. You will make deep contributions to crucial technologies that make our product unique, and you will hold the team to high standards by demonstrating good practices for code reviews, system design, documentation, testing, and quality software implementation. You will collaborate with leadership, improve tools and processes, collaborate with QA, and deliver outstanding software that drives us to shipping a game that our players will love.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 7+ years of professional software development experience
- High level of proficiency with C#, C++, or an equivalent OO Language.
- High proficiency 3D Math, Quaternions, HLSL, Rendering Pipelines, and current 3D Rendering techniques.
- Has supplied software to at least one shipping game on the Desktop, Xbox, or PlayStation platforms.
- Strong communication skills, the ability to work closely and professionally with a team of peers.
- Experience with the Unity Game Engine, particularly the Universal Render Pipeline and the High Definition Render Pipeline.
- Deep understanding of quality and performance optimization for AMD, NVIDIA, and other major manufacturer GPUs.
- Experience with developing for multiple simultaneous game consoles, such as the Xbox and PlayStation platforms.
- Experience with Lua, or an equivalent scripting language or modding platform for games.
- A passion for space exploration, rocketry, satellites, and related entertainment media.
What We Offer You:
- Great Company Culture. Ranked as one of the most creative and innovative places to work, creativity, innovation, efficiency, diversity and philanthropy are among the core tenets of our organization and are integral drivers of our continued success.
- Growth: As a global entertainment company, we pride ourselves on creating environments where employees are encouraged to be themselves, inquisitive, collaborative and to grow within and around the company.
- Work Hard, Play Hard. Our employees’ bond, blow-off steam, and flex some creative muscles – through corporate boot camp classes, company parties, game release events, monthly socials, and team challenges.
- Benefits. Medical (HSA & FSA), dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, employee stock purchase plan, commuter benefits, in-house wellness program, broad learning & development opportunities, a charitable giving platform with company match and more!
- Perks. Fitness allowance, employee discount programs, free games & events, stocked pantries and the ability to earn up to $500+ per year for taking care of yourself and more!
Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (“T2”) is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, which means we are committed to creating and celebrating diverse thoughts, cultures, and backgrounds throughout our organization. Employment at T2 is based on substantive ability, objective qualifications, and work ethic – not an individual’s race, creed, color, religion, sex or gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, status as a victim of domestic violence or sex offenses, reproductive health decision, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.