Tag Games is an ambitious and growing mobile game studio based in Dundee, Scotland. We have a 14 year legacy of making mobile games for some of the biggest brands on the planet.
This year Tag is embarking on our most ambitious and exciting title yet, developing a brand new cross platform IP in partnership with a world renowned publisher. We are looking for passionate new people to join us on our quest to forge a place in players' hearts.
Our culture is collaborative and relaxed. We encourage feedback and support each other to solve problems - always striving to be the best we can be. We are driven by a passion for quality and delivering outstanding products. If this feels like a studio where you can thrive and grow then we have a variety of roles available, both in our Dundee studio and remote. It would be great to have you join our team!
Tag Games Studios is building a brand new world-leading, cross platform IP played by millions of gamers and our new IP needs a Combat Designer to join the team. You will be closely collaborating with other disciplines to craft combat features and combat scenarios to the highest standard. You will be flexible, highly motivated and approachable, and you will compose design documentation to a high standard. A core part of the design team and a huge part of this new product, you will have c onsiderable responsibility and autonomy in the design and your tasks.
Here's what you will be doing:
- Work with our growing design team to build world leading character driven gameplay systems.
- Work closely with the design and engineering team to implement and polish compelling combat experiences.
- Help to establish creative guidelines on how to implement character behaviors that fit the game's vision.
- Collaborate with other disciplines to create game content that delivers a rewarding and exciting experience for the player.
- Participate in required production related meetings and functions as needed. Attend and participate in combat-specific discussions concerning combat design and combat design issues.
- Continually monitor and balance combat systems, character stats and abilities.
To do this job, you will need:
- Industry experience in a game design position.
- Proven experience with character-driven gameplay systems in at least one project.
- Knowledge of key combat design concepts.
- The ability to create interesting, exciting and varied combat experiences.
- A strong ability to identify and solve problems throughout all stages of development.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A genuine passion for games.
While not required, below are nice to have:
- Experience scripting in C# (Unity), or similar.