We are looking for a talented Concept Artist to join our team and help realize the artistic vision for a brand new IP published by Square Enix. It is a multiplayer, third-person game with a contemporary setting.
A successful candidate will be a skilled and motivated artist able to develop high quality, innovative character and environment concepts for a new IP.
Candidates local to Ontario, Canada are preferred, but this is not a requirement.
NOTE: For the foreseeable future, all positions at Tactic Studios will be performed remotely, working from home. We are flexible to accommodate the unique needs you may have to ensure a productive, healthy work environment under the present circumstances.
- Create concept illustrations for 3D characters, clothing, environments, and props.
- Develop quick sketches and high level concepts to illustrate mood or communicate gameplay features.
- Produce detailed full colour concepts, including variations.
- Modify and iterate on concepts based on artistic feedback.
- Work alongside other members of the art team to develop a stunning and unique artistic vision for a new IP.
- Expertise in illustration with a keen eye for shading, colour, composition, and a proven ability to create realistic artwork.
- Comfortable using modern 2D illustration software such as Photoshop.
- Understand the needs and workflow of a 3D artist with the ability to develop detailed, useful production concepts.
- Motivated self-starter with exceptional creativity and strong communication skills.
- Passionate about developing high quality video games.
- Experience with 3D modeling using Maya, 3DS Max, or Zbrush.
- Experience with modern 3D game engines such as Unreal or Unity.
How to Apply
You will need to provide:
- Portfolio demonstrating your character and environment concepts or illustrations. (required)
- Resume detailing your experience. (required)
- Cover letter. (preferred)
- References. (preferred)