(Closed) Sponsorships Manager (Esports & Gaming)
The Sponsorships team is chartered with bringing T-Mobile's brand story to life through strategic partnerships at the national and local level. This Sponsorships Manager position will be responsible for overseeing the development, management, execution and performance of key aspects pertaining to T-Mobile's esports and gaming (E&G) sponsorships and activations, including but not limited to esports leagues, teams, events and influencers.
The individual should have strong knowledge and experience operating in the discipline of national and local sponsorships with a fundamental understanding of core marketing principles, particularly as it relates to esports & gaming. This role will partner on the development of sponsorship strategies and oversee T-Mobile’s E&G sponsorship marketing process including strategy development, negotiations, planning, execution and measurement of the sponsorships. The individual will be responsible for developing and implementing solution driven programs that support T-Mobile’s brand and business priorities based on sound business rationale, industry trends, consumer insights, and other business information. He/She acts as the relationship leader for T-Mobile with E&G sponsorship partners, and actively manages complex, multi-year contracts. This role will work cross functionally with internal departments, properties, agencies, and leadership.
- Leads the development of strategic sponsorship activation plans and solutions across Esports & Gaming (E&G) which deliver on business KPIs
- Lead a cross-functional team to execute T-Mobile’s E&G sponsorship activation plans, integrating Advertising, Digital & Social Media, Public Relations, Employee Communications and Local Marketing
- Develop comprehensive presentations, briefs, and other relevant materials for cross-functional and executive needs
- Helps manage agency partners, rightsholders, and other support personnel and rightsholders responsible for sponsorship activation, guiding their efficacy and ensuring timely delivery of sponsor communications and assets
- Tracks and reports on sponsorship performance, including return on investment (ROI)
- Oversees the financial aspects of E&G sponsorship programs/platforms, including managing program budgets, initiating internal financial processes, ensuring partner & vendor payments are processed
- Provides E&G subject knowledge support across the organization, as needed
- 4-7 years of relevant work experience in related areas of national sponsorship, project management, event management, or marketing
- General understanding of esports and gaming – audiences, trends, key players, etc. (an intimate understanding is a definite plus!)
- Proven track record assuming ownership, moving quickly to implement ideas, and delivering results and in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with intricate and complicated timelines and program schedules
- Demonstrated competence in managing communications, deliverables and logistics
- Demonstrated ability to work independently in fast-paced environment
- Excellent time management, resource management, organizational, and planning skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously
- Bachelor's Degree in Advertising, Communications, Marketing or a related field
- Must be able to attend sponsorship meetings and events, possibly including holidays and/or in excess of 40 hours per week, travel up to 15% of the year
- At least 18 years of age.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Pre-employment background screen.
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit our website.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice. T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.