Senior 3D Artist
Do you have experience with 3D art in games? And do you have a can-do attitude? You might be the Senior 3D Artist we are looking for!
We're SYBO, a mobile studio based in Copenhagen, and makers of the most downloaded mobile game in the world, Subway Surfers, with over 3 billion installs - that's a big chunk of the world's population!
Loveable characters, vibrant environments and finely-tuned gameplay that keeps you coming back - that's what we're about. We live to bring these imaginative worlds to life, by crafting games and experiences that people love to play and engage with.
At the moment we are looking to strengthen our forces with a skilled Senior 3D Artist for our live-ops team, working on Subway Surfers and other game titles.
The 3D Artists main responsibilities will be creating 3D content for our games, including characters, props, environments, and to make sure that the assets are always optimized and performing as good as possible. As tasks may vary, we are looking for a self driven generalist who can take on the following responsibilities:
- Work close with the Art Director to realize the visual style consistent with the creative vision of the project.
- Help drive the artistic benchmark and asset production (2D & 3D) - setting the bar for excellence in the team.
- Work directly with concept artists, UX/UI Designers and game designers.
We would like you to have the following:
- 3+ years of experience working with 3D art in games
- Excellent understanding of stylized 3D art.
- Basic knowledge in technical art.
- Expert user of any preferred content creation app.
- Expert Photoshop user.
- Extensive experience with Unity and/or other game engines.
- Experience in optimizing graphics for performance on mobile devices without sacrificing quality art.
- Capability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Strong problem-solving and can-do attitude.
- Used to working in a team, where ongoing giving and receiving feedback is essential to keeping up the fast pace of the workplace.
Nice to have:
- Traditional fine art skills.
- Keen interest in games and game design beyond art.
- Animation experience.
- Basic understanding of character modelling, rigging and skinning.
- Particle FX experience.
- Node based shader editing experience.
- Experience with additional 2D and/or 3D packages.
- Run-time performance profiling and optimization experience.
We offer a highly ambitious and fun workplace with colleagues doing daily high fives! It's important for us that everybody is heard - so our culture is very informal and creative.
We can also brag about:
- The best office location in Copenhagen
- Health insurance for every employee
- A pension plan
- Balanced lunch buffet
- Currently 22+ nationalities
This is a chance to do the work of your life, so what are you waiting for? We can't wait to receive your application!
Did you know that:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.