Lead Game Designer
Are you an experienced Game Designer with lead skills? And would you like to join an ambitious team where you can make a huge impact?
We're SYBO, a mobile studio based in Copenhagen, and makers of the most downloaded mobile game in the world, Subway Surfers, with over 3 billion installs - that's a big chunk of the world's population!
Loveable characters, vibrant environments and finely-tuned gameplay that keeps you coming back - that's what we're about. We live to bring these imaginative worlds to life, by crafting games and experiences that people love to play and engage with.
We are looking for a Lead Game Designer to take on the following responsibilities:
- Work hand in hand with the game director - from the first draft of the game vision all the way to global launch and beyond
- Deliver a core gameplay experience that is far ahead of anything out there and leaves playtesters speechless
- Early on you will be a one person army for all things design-wise
- Later on you will lead the design and UX team; help individual team members develop their strengths and reach their full potential
- In all stages, facilitate a collaborative approach to design and production that values every team member’s input and enables them to feel a strong sense of ownership of what we’re building.
- Be a communication superconductor, ensuring that everyone is on the same page, all the time.
This is a unique chance for you to jump on board a team of enthusiasts who love to deliver awesome games and entertainment experiences for our fans and audience around the world! So take a look at our requirement and see if we're a match.
- Minimum 7 years of experience as a game designer, at least some of it in mobile F2P
- Successfully shipped multiple titles in a senior or lead game design role
- Deep understanding of the production process and business of F2P mobile games beyond the scope of game design responsibilities
- Unwavering focus on our players and their experience
- High level of technical game design skills and knowledge
- Experience leading and mentoring game designers
- Exceptional communicator and team player with natural leadership skills
- Great attention to detail as well as an ability to focus on what’s important
- Experience working in an agile environment
We offer a highly ambitious and fun workplace with colleagues doing daily high fives! It's important for us that everybody is heard - so our culture is very informal and creative.
We can also brag about:
- The best office location in Copenhagen
- Health insurance for every employee
- A pension plan
- Balanced lunch buffet
- Currently 22+ nationalities
This is a chance to do the work of your life, so what are you waiting for? We can't wait to receive your application!
Did you know that:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.