Technical Sound Designer
NOTE: This is not a Composer or Music Producer position. Please do not apply if you do not meet the “required qualifications” listed below.
Survios, the foremost virtual reality game developer and pioneer of the future of immersive technologies, has an opening for a talented Technical Sound Designer to join our amazing audio team!
As a Technical Sound Designer your primary responsibility will be to bridge the gap between the audio content creation teams and the engineering and design teams.
- Implement in-game audio assets, including sound effects, music, and voiceover.
- Identify areas where the implementation pipeline can be optimized or improved.
- Assist with establishing and enforcing best practices for audio outside of the core audio department.
- Spec, create, and troubleshoot audio tools, features, and functionality.
- Be an advocate for audio to non-audio teams and partner with them to find the best possible audio solutions to challenges.
- Collaborate with sound designers and composers to create unique and innovative audio behaviors in the virtual reality realm.
- 3+ years minimum experience in a Technical Sound Designer role is required.
- A deep understanding of Unreal Engine 4, and experience with Blueprints is required.
- Can multitask and handle several tasks or projects simultaneously.
- A basic level of sound design knowledge such as how to record, edit, and mix sound effects.
- A basic level of interactive music composition knowledge such as appropriate use of stems, transitions, stingers, and how to drive those with game data.
- C, C++, and UnrealScript experience.
- Familiar with audio middleware solutions such as Wwise.
- Enjoy spending time in virtual reality.
- Familiarity with 3D spatialized audio.
- Degree in either Music Technology, Audio Engineering, Programming, or some type of equivalent experience.
Survios is at the forefront of VR game development and is pioneering the future of immersive technologies. Since inception, we have taken a holistic approach to virtual reality innovation, developing hardware, software, and games hand-in-hand to take VR to places that no one has dreamed possible. Survios offers a pet-friendly work environment with unlimited vacation time and a host of other perks and benefits to give our team everything we need to create unrivaled Active Virtual Reality experiences.