Senior Platform Engineer - Unreal Engine
People make games great. And at Survios, we know we can’t grow from an acclaimed VR studio to the world’s premier game developer and publisher without them. That’s why our most valuable investments aren’t in the next-generation technology we use to make our games or the swanky new HQ we’re building in Marina Del Rey, but in creating a hybrid workplace that seeks out talent across the globe, nurtures its people, and encourages fun. A workplace where every team member knows they’re respected and cared for. If you want to join a passionate team of developers driving toward the future of immersive gaming, we’d love to hear from you! Survios currently has an opening for a talented Senior Platform Engineer, working with Unreal Engine.
Candidates must have a passion for system design, performance, and maximizing hardware usage. Applicants should be enthusiastic about the opportunity to drive development and practices from the bottom up on consoles and in VR using UE.
The ideal candidate has considerable experience leading development of low level system functions such as IO, streaming, save/load, platform API support. The role requires prior experience developing for game systems such as PS4 or Xbox One.
- Build and maintain key game infrastructure, such as streaming or DLC pipelines.
- Research and develop guidelines for feature implementation within UE
- Develop tools and systems for monitoring and maintaining performance across platforms.
- Mentor other engineers
- Five or more years of experience in the creation and delivery of state-of-the-art, performance-minded AAA console or PC games with two in-game credits required.
- Demonstrated proficiency in C++, linear algebra and general 3D mathematics.
- Experience designing and implementing threaded, asynchronous software.
- Effective communicator and collaborator with engineers and team members from other disciplines.
- Desire and demonstrated ability to mentor junior programmers and help with their growth.
- Self-motivated and passionate about making video games.
- Hands-on experience developing for Unreal Engine.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Math, or related field.
- Experience with the technical challenges unique to active Virtual Reality game development.
Survios is an award-winning game studio that takes a holistic approach to development, merging our hardware, software, and games expertise to create unbelievable immersive game experiences. As we expand our focus from VR-Only to create games across all PC and Console platforms, we’re dedicated to leveraging our passion, expertise, and creativity to develop and publish the next generation of groundbreaking and immersive video games.