"Let's build Cross-Reality together." Statements like that are what drive and excite us here. If you're interested in working alongside passionate game developers that are driving towards the next evolution of immersive gaming then you should join us. Survios, the foremost virtual reality game developer and pioneer of the future of immersive technologies, has an opening for a talented Narrative Designer to join our amazing Design team!
- Lead the development of cutting-edge VR and flatscreen narratives.
- Maintain narrative vision for the project via collaboration with multiple departments.
- Develop and maintain world bibles, character backstories, and lore documents for the project.
- Collaborate with the design team to create story centric campaigns that seamlessly blend gameplay and storytelling.
- Collaborate with designers and engineers to create voice over systems for systemic combat or linear missions.
- Collaborate with the tools team to improve the voice-over database and narrative pipelines.
- Write compelling dialog that maintains distinct character voices.
- Assist with casting, voice-over recording, and performance capture.
- Experience as a Writer or Narrative Designer on multiple video game projects.
- Experience across all forms of story development - brainstorming, character development, world-building, and dialogue.
- Experience with voice-over sessions.
- Technical experience with implementation of narrative components and tools.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent professional experience.
- Ability to work independently on writing tasks and organize pipelines.
- Ability to work with IP holders to develop and explore established properties.
- Excellent cross-department communication and collaboration.
- Passion for modern video games and storytelling conventions.
- Experience writing dialogue for PC, Console, and/or VR games.
- Experience as a location based experience designer.
- Experience with voice-over session direction.
- Publicly released projects (books, games, television, comics).
- Experience with Unreal Engine.
- Experience with scripting languages.
- 5+ Years of Narrative Design Experience.
Please send in your resume, the Narrative Design test document, and two samples of your games writing work or a link to your portfolio (this info can be included in a cover letter). Bonus points if they tell a complete story while maintaining brevity.
Survios is at the forefront of VR game development and is pioneering the future of immersive technologies. Since inception, we have taken a holistic approach to virtual reality innovation, developing hardware, software, and games hand-in-hand to take VR to places that no one has dreamed possible. Survios offers a pet-friendly work environment with unlimited vacation time and a host of other perks and benefits to give our team everything we need to create unrivaled Active Virtual Reality experiences.