“Let’s build the future of Cross-Reality.” Statements like that are what excite and motivate us here. If you’re interested in working alongside passionate game developers that are driving towards the next evolution of immersive gaming then you should join us. Survios, the foremost virtual reality game developer and pioneer of the future of immersive technologies, has an opening for a talented Animation Director to lead our amazing Animation team!
- Lead teams on 2-3 projects concurrently from the beginning to the end of each game production cycle.
- Collaborate with the game directors by establishing the game play and animation objectives, as well as the technical specifications, then effectively communicate the established objectives to the animation teams.
- Recruit and coordinate animation teams as well as manage outsource pipelines.
- Review all work produced by animators both in-house and outsourced.
- Coordinate with the production department regarding schedule, budget, and output.
- Make sure the creative desires and production requirements are being met. The animation director must be able to negotiate with both production and creative departments to reach the best agreement for the good of the project.
- Direct actors during mocap sessions in order to facilitate the artistic vision and optimize the productivity of the animation teams.
- Use your knowledge and passion for game animation to lead, nurture, and grow the animation team into the strongest department it can be.
- Be the principal voice and mentor of the animation teams, helping to forge a consistent high-quality bar for Survios products.
- Ensure the animation teams remain on track with scope, design goals, marketing, and other business requirements throughout production.
- Work together with management to ensure a healthy and stimulating environment for animators, providing opportunities for individual growth and learning.
- Research and drive the implementation of new technology and workflows to improve animation pipelines and elevate the animation team’s knowledge base.
- 8+ years of experience animating for film or video games with strong leadership experience.
- Exceptional skills in animating humanoid bipeds, quadrupeds, and other creatures.
- High proficiency in Maya and Motionbuilder.
- Experience in animating a wide range of styles from cartoon to realistic.
- A solid understanding of the unique requirements specific to gameplay animation versus cinematics animation.
- Familiar with the animation style of Survios products and a passion to push it to the next level.
- Able to collaborate closely with others and be an inclusive decision-maker.
- Self-driven, passionate, creative problem solver, and a great team first attitude.
- A deep passion for video games.
- Animating for VR.
- Experience with Unreal Engine.
- Experience with scripting languages.
- Experience directing Mocap shoots.
- Experience with outsourcing animation.
- Experience with cinematic pipelines.
- Loves dogs.
Survios is at the forefront of VR game development and is pioneering the future of immersive technologies. Since inception, we have taken a holistic approach to virtual reality innovation, developing hardware, software, and games hand-in-hand to take VR to places that no one has dreamed possible. Survios offers a pet-friendly work environment with unlimited vacation time and a host of other perks and benefits to give our team everything we need to create unrivaled Active Virtual Reality experiences.