Role: Technical Director
Capacity: Full Time
Location: North America, Remote
We are Supersocial.
A new, well-funded company focused on creating insanely engaging games and experiences for the metaverse, starting with Roblox. The metaverse is an emerging universe of collective virtual spaces, where players can meet up online and play together in a whole new way. We build new game worlds for these immersive platforms, with unique stories and gameplay experiences that inspire all of us to connect, imagine, and create.
See you there!
How you’ll make an impact
We are looking for an accomplished engineer to build, lead, manage and mentor a development team focusing on our first multiplayer sandbox RPG, Ghostopia, within the Roblox platform. You'll work with some of the most talented developers within and beyond the Roblox community and partner with some of the best artists and creatives in the industry, helping to create an insanely engaging game, delivered to millions of fans.
You’ll enjoy this role if you can
- Build, lead, manage and grow the development team
- Collaborate with the art and design teams to help define the feature roadmap for the game
- Direct the development team in coding, testing, debugging and general maintenance
- Translate the product roadmap to a detailed engineering roadmap and help ensure that our goals and milestones are achievable within an agreed upon timeline
- Hold yourself and the development team accountable to agreed objectives
- Identify resources needed for all phases of game development
- Ensure that we write clean and maintainable Lua code, and create robust user interfaces in Roblox Studio, including performing regular code reviews
- Perform quality code reviews to ensure a high standard of delivery, including implementing our monetization system in the game economy
- Analyze tracking data and player feedback to improve our product and ensure existing users remain engaged
- Effective communication - you communicate frequently, directly and clearly; You are great at giving feedback and receiving feedback
- Proven experience leading and growing a team of developers in a game studio
- Experience using Lua and well known Object Orientated Programming languages; (Java/C#)
- Working knowledge of Git, github and version control best practices
- Ability to not only release a high quality game, but also maintain a game through patches, updates and bug fixes
- You have shipped games across multiple platforms
- Experience growing development teams including owning the interview process
- Entrepreneurial mindset: ability to operate in ambiguity and roll up your sleeves
Nice to have:
- Experience with Roblox Studio
- Worked on at least one F2P game that reached scale
- Experience with agile development and using Jira
- Experience developing video games using Unity or Unreal
- Experience working with a distributed / remote team
What we offer
Work from home or from anywhere! We have team members already in 3 different time zones working closely together with full transparency, efficiency and trust. We value our team members and believe each one has an important role in creating a unique, magical experience for our players! A strong and welcoming company culture: we love what we do and we love working together. You’ll love it too!
- Competitive base salary
- Equity: stock in the company to make you feel like an owner, not an employee
- Unlimited Vacation, Paid Sick Days & Holidays
Supersocial is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.