Lead Game Designer
We are Supersocial.
A new, well-funded company focused on creating insanely engaging games and experiences for the metaverse, starting with Roblox. The metaverse is an emerging universe of collective virtual spaces, where players can meet up online and play together in a whole new way. We build new game worlds for these immersive platforms, with unique stories and gameplay experiences that inspire all of us to connect, imagine, and create.
See you there!
How you’ll make an impact
We’re looking for a Senior Game Designer to help build and grow our multiplayer sandbox RPG, Ghostopia, on the Roblox platform. You will also play an instrumental role in shaping the DNA of our organization and help build a world-class studio.
You’ll enjoy this role if you can
- Partner with the Creative Director to create and evangelize a product roadmap that supports the game vision and commercial goals
- Translate the product vision and roadmap into engaging and well-balanced features and systems. Discover opportunities for and conceptualize new game systems, content, and feature improvements.
- Deliver clear and concise engineering-ready feature design specs, owning and driving new features from pitching to iteration, shipping, and upkeep
- Communicate and coordinate with the wider design & development team throughout the development process, iterating on designs, features, and processes until we get it right.
- Test and tune gameplay balance throughout the product life cycle
- Design, balance and maintain live events and new game content.
- Review features (and events) and provide insights on balance, structure, and strategy, using a mix of data and player feedback to test and iterate on live features
- Effective communication - you communicate frequently, directly and clearly; You are great at giving feedback and receiving feedback
- Proven experience driving game features from inception to launch and with iterative development, getting feedback early and often and learning from data.
- Experience with game balance and pacing in a free-to-play economic model, with a deep understanding of game economies and creating effective reward schemes
- Experience with games across the free to play lifecycle, including launch and scale
- Experience documenting, modeling, and developing game system designs.
Nice to have:
- Familiarity and comfort with live operations strategies and events
- Experience creating and balancing content, and items for RPGs
- Experience with Agile methodology and working with Jira
- Familiarity with analytical tools, metrics, and methods (excel, gdocs, SQL, tableau, etc)
- Experience and familiarity with Roblox
What we offer
Work from home or from anywhere! We have team members already in 3 different time zones working closely together with full transparency, efficiency and trust. We value our team members and believe each one has an important role in creating a unique, magical experience for our players! A strong and welcoming company culture: we love what we do and we love working together. You’ll love it too!
- Competitive base salary
- Equity: stock in the company to make you feel like an owner, not an employee
- Unlimited Vacation, Paid Sick Days & Holidays
Supersocial is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.