With a passion to deliver high-end cinematic games, Supermassive Games is carving a unique and exciting path in the games industry. Want to join us on the journey?
Supermassive Games are seeking a Frontend/UI Artist to work on one of our exciting new projects!
You will be creating high-quality and engaging UI and motion design content for use in our games currently in development.
- Concept, design and pre-visualisation of frontend menus and UI elements to a brief provided by key stakeholders such as the art director and game designer
- Creating production art assets and working closely with a front-end programmer to ensure they are implemented accurately in game
- Meeting work targets and milestones deliverables in a high-pressured full production environment
The ideal candidate will have:
- A strong portfolio showcasing high quality immersive interface experiences, motion graphic animation and 2D art that demonstrates experience in designing game menus and UI.
- Minimum of one shipped title, with experience in all stages of a project life cycle.
- Understanding of current UX and UI design trends within AAA titles.
- A strong interest in graphic & motion design, typography and colour theory.
- The ability to follow an artistic vision and work within the boundaries of a style guide.
- A drive to constantly push graphic design quality
- Attention to detail
- The capacity to take on board constructive criticism
- Good collaboration with the art team and other team members on the project.
- A highly positive proactive work ethic
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good organization, problem solving and time management skills
Essential Technical Skills
- Adobe Creative Suite: Being highly proficient in After Effects, Illustrator and Photoshop.
Desirable Technical Skills
- Experience with commonplace UI/UX software such as Sketch, InVision, Adobe XD or Figma
- Game development experience
- Experience with general prototyping processes
- Experience running user testing sessions
- Experience creating style guides
- Unreal Engine 4
To enjoy working at Supermassive you also need to be:
- Flexible and open-minded
- Determined and self-motivated
- Prepared to rise to a challenge
- Always striving for quality
- Creative and innovative
Why join us?
- We make big games with small teams - you will play a full and active role
- Challenging and rewarding projects as standard
- 25 days annual leave
- Pension and life assurance
- Social events - including large summer party
- Constantly improving tools and workflow so you can focus on creativity
- Fast decision-making allows good ideas to flourish
- We celebrate and nurture talent
- Our supportive, inclusive and friendly team culture is something we are proud of
- Work-life balance is something we respect and protect
- Ultimately, you’ll work on the cutting edge - making innovative and immersive game