(Closed) Environment Artist
Supermassive Games are looking for a highly talented and experienced Environment Artist to play a key role in the studio.
The primary role of this position is to model and texture elements of the game environment and props, ensuring that all artwork meets the art direction requirements of the game whilst adhering to any technical restrictions.
This is a permanent position.
Key skills and Responsibilities
- The main and routine tasks of this position are:
- Using production design art packs to take environments from whitebox to final production quality.
- Creating accurate and re-usable props for dressing the environment.
- Creating appropriate and detailed props for character interaction.
- Collaborating with other disciplines such as character, lighting and VFX artists, graphics programmers and level designers to create a AAA game experience.
- At least 3 years of experience as a 3D artist, working on at least one AAA title.
- In-depth understanding and practical experience of high-end 3D modelling and PBR material pipeline.
- Detailed knowledge of the workflows and methods involved in constructing a high quality game environment.
- A strong portfolio of work which demonstrates the ability to create both photo-realistic and stylized models, depending on the art style required, from individual props through to full scenes.
- Substance Painter / Designer
- Additional knowledge of other material/surface tools, such as Quixel, Mudbox, ZBrush or 3D Coat, would be an advantage.
The candidate should have
- A drive to constantly push art quality and try out new ideas.
- A highly positive and proactive work ethic.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and negotiation skills.
To enjoy working at Supermassive you also need to be
- Flexible and open-minded
- Determined and self-motivated
- Prepared to rise to a challenge
- Always striving for quality
- Creative and innovative