We are looking for a Cinematics Producer to join The Dark Pictures development team..
The primary role of this position is to help guide the content production pipelines and help maintain performance. This includes developing shaders workflows and ensuring that art meets both the high visual quality required and performance targets.
We would expect you to have to have experience in either film/TV or the games industry with a proven track record of planning and executing shoots. You may have been a Line Producer on a TV show, or worked on VFX or green screen shoots for film, for example. Or you may have had experience organising and running mo-cap shoots for game cinematics.
The ideal candidate will be highly organised, with excellent attention to detail, while being pragmatic enough to adapt a plan to changing requirements. Great communication skills are essential, with the ability to collaborate well with many different disciplines.
It is a key part of the role that the Cinematics Producer is able to take authority on set for the accurate execution of the shoot plan while allowing the Director to concentrate on the actors’ performance. This is quite a hands-on set production role, so the ability to keep track of all the technical requirements as well as the big picture at all times is crucial in order to make confident calls navigating through problems as they arise.
The role reports to the Production Director, with support, guidance and direction from the Game Team and Series Directors.
The main and routine tasks of this position are:
- Translating game design and scripts into high level shoot plans, budgeting them and getting them signed off for production.
- Organising the casting and contracting of talent.
- Coordinating and booking all other shoot crew and studio space/personnel.
- Creating detailed and time efficient shot lists, including organisation of all materials required in time for the shoots.
- Taking responsibility for all technical details on set during a shoot.
- Pass information from the shoot to the team so that shot data can be correctly integrated.
- Helping to improve the effectiveness of pipelines and processes for running shoots and shot data integration
- Experience in the games industry would be an advantage, but is not a requirement for this role.
- Good understanding of cinematics and/or VFX and post-production pipelines.
- Self-motivated and able to take the initiative on following up and solving any issues
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Able to maintain budgets, create schedules, and update weekly reports as needed.
To enjoy working in our studio and to succeed at Supermassive Games, you also need to be:
- Flexible and open-minded
- Determined and self-motivated
- Prepared to rise to a challenge
- Obsessed with quality
- Creative and innovative