Senior Gameplay Animator, Brawl Stars
The Brawl team is full of creative professionals who work together everyday to develop the world of Brawl Stars, including a diverse cast of brawlers with their own quirky personalities. In order to bring each brawler and their story to life in the game, the team is now looking for a creative and passionate Gameplay Animator to create amazing in-game character animations.
As an animator in Brawl Stars, your main focus will be to give life to new Brawlers in collaboration with the rest of the team. Your input and creative vision will be necessary to create appealing, high-quality character animations. Depending on your skills and interests, you can expand to other areas as well (e.g. 2D concept art, vfx etc). You will collaborate with other artists, game designers and programmers to create unique Brawlers, skins and a bunch of other content for the game. If you are up to this exciting challenge, we’d love to hear from you and see your animation reel / portfolio.
- Using your creativity and imagination to make appealing animations for new brawlers and skins
- Implementation and testing of animation and character assets in game
- Rigging new characters
- Managing outsourcing partners
- General game development and pipeline support, for example helping other teams with animation and marketing assets
- Working together with the rest of the game team to make Brawl Stars constantly better
- Excellent understanding of stylized 3D animation
- Excellent proficiency in Maya, including rigging and technical knowledge
- Ideally also some additional skills to support game development, e.g. 2D concept art, 3D art, vfx, technical art
- Proactive and good problem solving skills
- Passion for games and making in-game animations
We are a mobile game developer based in Helsinki, Finland, with offices in San Francisco, Seoul and Shanghai. Since our launch in 2010, we've released five games globally – Hay Day, Clash of Clans, Boom Beach, Clash Royale and Brawl Stars.
To make five games, we've killed dozens along the way. That's because we're obsessed with quality. Our goal is to make the best games – games that are played by millions, enjoyed for years and remembered forever. To achieve this goal, we create the best possible teams and give them the freedom and independence that are core to our success.
You might love it here...
If you love to think, talk, play and make games, Supercell is the place for you. We're made up of proactive, independent teams with the freedom to do what they think is best for their players, our games and the company at large. We know that it takes more than just independence to make great games, so we also take very good care of our people – providing them with the compensation, work environment and resources they need to succeed.
This position is in Helsinki, but you're not?
Luckily, moving to Helsinki is easier than you might think. No matter where you would be moving from, our dedicated people will help you from beginning to end. We're here to make sure the process is as smooth as possible for you, your family and whoever and whatever you're bringing along.