Senior Game Artist
Small teams of Supercellians are constantly developing new games and working together to bring their concepts to life. Small teams allow us to build, break and shift quickly, but they also require that everyone on the team fills multiple roles. That’s why we’re now looking for passionate artists who can and are willing to work on multiple different areas such as 2D concepts, in-game ready 3D assets, UI, vfx or animation - you name it. You can join either a new game team or one of our existing live games. Whatever it is you are working on, you'll own it.
You can have your own special skill (or two), and we don’t expect you to be perfect in everything. What’s more important is your willingness to work on different areas in the game, depending on what the game needs, and to have a broad enough skill set to be able to do so. And most importantly - we’re not looking for any kind of artists but Game Artists who love, live and breathe games. You’ll be surrounded by game programmers, artists and community managers and others who do too. Together, you’ll work to build worlds, characters and games to be loved and enjoyed by millions and millions of players for years to come!
- Developing the visual style, design and overall look of the game
- Creating beautiful, engaging game characters, assets and environments
- Developing visual concepts and ideas, as well as just generally creating 3D, 2D, vfx and/or UI art for mobile games
- Support team in game design, working closely with programmers, community and everyone else on a tightly knit game team
- Previous experience in game development and making game art
- Capability to independently create concept sketches and maybe even final renderings/tweaks and animations
- Ability to create a variety of production quality, Supercell style game art
- Pride and responsibility in your work when given the freedom to work independently
- Modesty and respect when receiving feedback from your team
- At least some experience with 3D softwares and making 3D game art is a plus
- Passion for games, especially Supercell games
- Please include a portfolio/work samples as part of your application
We are a mobile game developer based in Helsinki, Finland, with offices in San Francisco, Seoul and Shanghai. Since our launch in 2010, we've released five games globally – Hay Day, Clash of Clans, Boom Beach, Clash Royale and Brawl Stars.
To make five games, we've killed dozens along the way. That's because we're obsessed with quality. Our goal is to make the best games – games that are played by millions, enjoyed for years and remembered forever. To achieve this goal, we create the best possible teams and give them the freedom and independence that are core to our success.
You might love it here...
If you love to think, talk, play and make games, Supercell is the place for you. We're made up of proactive, independent teams with the freedom to do what they think is best for their players, our games and the company at large. We know that it takes more than just independence to make great games, so we also take very good care of our people – providing them with the compensation, work environment and resources they need to succeed. Read More
This position is in Helsinki, but you're not?
Luckily, moving to Helsinki is easier than you might think. No matter where you would be moving from, our dedicated people will help you from beginning to end. We're here to make sure the process is as smooth as possible for you, your family and whoever and whatever you're bringing along.