We’re looking for a Game Tech Programmer to join us. At Supercell, Game programmers are at the centre of our teams, working together with every other discipline and making not just our games great, but also making how we make games, great too! We’re looking for someone who can help us create the technology that will drive the next generation of games at Supercell, to work on ambitious prototypes and grand ideas that have the potential to redefine how future free-to-play mobile games will look and play. This is an opportunity to join a bold new game team at Supercell that is building both games, and technology, which challenge the limits of mobile gaming.
With only a few game programmers on the team you'll get to enjoy the variety of working on lots of different areas of game development. It’s important that you take pride in your work, and know what it means to take responsibility and deliver quality and fun to players. You have a strong tech background, perhaps you’re into gameplay coding too, and we’ll hope you’ll bring a different perspective and can teach us something new, too.
We offer you a chance to join a team of professionals, where we believe that talent feeds talent. We do not believe in bureaucracy or complicated processes. We believe game development is a team sport and work together to achieve the best results. All of us have a genuine chance to contribute to the making of the world’s best mobile games. We believe in each other’s skills and value each other’s work. If these are values that you are passionate about, then you might just be the person we are looking for.
- Involvement in all areas of game development including programming of graphics, tools, data pipelines, architecture, and game logic
- Take ownership of engine architecture, to focus on what is important, and to be able to build towards a long term vision for the engine
- Support and contribute new ideas to our tech, tools, and game design
- Write robust code to be used by millions of users, and shared between multiple projects
- Independently create complete solutions from scratch
- Work as part of a team, but with plenty of opportunity to take responsibility on an individual level
- Work closely with our Tools n’ Tech (TNT) team to take our in-house technologies further
- Ability to help lead the development of new technologies
- Strong, professional experience using C++ in large code bases
- Wide understanding of different game technology areas (gameplay, graphics, tools etc.)
- Deep understanding/experience in at least one of these areas: Graphics, Physics, Optimisation, Tools, Engine development, AI, ECS
- Solid understanding of 3D mathematics
- Previous experience of making and shipping games
- Passion for games
We are a game company based in Helsinki, Finland, with offices in San Francisco, Seoul and Shanghai. Since our launch in 2010, we've released five games globally – Hay Day, Clash of Clans, Boom Beach, Clash Royale and Brawl Stars.
To make five games, we've killed dozens along the way. That's because we're obsessed with quality. Our goal is to make the best games – games that are played by millions, enjoyed for years and remembered forever. To achieve this goal, we create the best possible teams and give them the freedom and independence that are core to our success.
You might love it here...
If you love to think, talk, play and make games, Supercell is the place for you. We're made up of proactive, independent teams with the freedom to do what they think is best for their players, our games and the company at large. We know that it takes more than just independence to make great games, so we also take very good care of our people – providing them with the compensation, work environment and resources they need to succeed.
This position is in Helsinki, but you're not?
Luckily, moving to Helsinki is easier than you might think. No matter where you would be moving from, our dedicated people will help you from beginning to end. We're here to make sure the process is as smooth as possible for you, your family and whoever and whatever you're bringing along.