Social Media and PR Coordinator
The Super Girl Gamer Pro is a competitive video game series dedicated to supporting women in gaming. The initiative was launched in 2017 (as part of the overall Super Girl Pro Series) to provide a platform for female gamers and to help inspire more women to take a larger role within esports. Our mission is to create a safe environment that encourages and empowers women to participate in competitive gaming and to help facilitate a future where women and men have equal opportunities within esports and the gaming industry as a whole. Through the Super Girl platform we are building a collaboration of like-minded brands, organizations, platforms and individuals who believe passionately in the importance of providing equality, opportunity and inclusion for women in gaming.
The 2020 season consists of online tournaments each weekend from July 10 – September 6 in Hearthstone, League of Legends and Counter-Strike: Global Offensive. These tournaments will serve as qualifiers into the season-ending Super Girl Gamer Pro Championships in October.
We are currently seeking an individual to manage social media and marketing around the Qualifying Series, Championships, and the overall Super Girl Gamer platform. This includes digital marketing, PR, and social media management with the goal to increase awareness, viewership, and followers.
The position would be part-time and filled immediately, running until early October. For the right candidate, the position could evolve into a full-time role. Following are the responsibilities of the position:
- Grow and manage our social channels through engaging and on-brand content creation and execution (Facebook, Twitter, Discord, Twitch, Reddit)
- Create campaigns and promotions to help increase awareness and viewership of live streams
- Create content calendar and strategy with accompanying graphics
- Outreach and manage influencers for hosting / raiding / promoting and to help build a community around the Super Girl Gamer Pro platform
- Measure and report performance of all digital media campaigns and track engagements and impressions
- Experience with writing and releasing press releases and announcements to national and industry media outlets and generating media pick-up
- Must be detail-oriented with excellent communication and writing skills
- Experience with social media management, marketing and analytics
- Working knowledge of Photoshop or other design software
- Ability to complete things with a short turn-around
- Understand gaming, streaming and esports culture and expertise on gamer audiences