Sun Machine Games is a video game company that is focused on creating amazingly fun multiplayer games based on original IP. The company was founded in 2018 by 4 industry veterans, each with over 15 years of experience in the industry. Above all else, we all just love making games. In 2021, we are excited to grow our team to build our very first AAA title.
Who are we looking for?
We are seeking an experienced Technical Director who can dive deep into the project and proactively deal with issues at hand and also plan for the future with the lead and senior developers to build a scalable and reliable product. The person is a natural leader who can enable the team’s full potential and be able to mentor them.
What are some of the tasks you will be doing?
- Direct and mentor the engineering team and work closely with them on daily basis
- Establish clear processes within and outside of the dev team with other stakeholders in the team
- Collaborate with the key product owners to remove any roadblocks, consult on product roadmap, create tech roadmap, and plan out the details
- Clearly communicate and execute the plans for tech within the dev team and with the company leadership team
- Manage technical design and development of the product with our future product and company needs in mind
- Architect a scalable, efficient, and reliable solutions for our Backend, Client, and Build process
- Work closely with stakeholders to lead the engineering team to firefight any urgent issues and guiding them to come up with solutions and implementing them as needed
As a TD, you will:
- Collaborate with engineers, artists and designers to develop new game features for all aspects of the game, gameplay, network, monetization, etc.
- Be a key part in planning and building infrastructure and systems for our backend team
- Create, maintain and operate cloud infrastructure
- Design and implement infrastructure as code
- Manage and monitor all cloud instances and backend components
- Routinely inspect architecture and deployment for speed and cost optimization
- Help maintain the live game and debug and deploy fixes and enhancements
What are the qualifications for this position?
We are looking for someone that has:
- 5+ years of game development experience, with at least two successful games shipped
- 2+ years in a leadership role
- Excellent experience in multiplayer and highly scalable games
- Excellent experience in Unity or Unreal Engine
- Experience in performance optimization, architecture, pipeline, general infrastructure, handling out-of-box tech solutions
- Self-motivated, strong work ethic, and an innate desire to take ownership of your areas of responsibility
- Experience in, and a desire to, mentor the engineering team
- Passion for games, with mobile games being a big plus.
What we value…
At the core of our company, we value talented, passionate people who love problem-solving. Whether an artist, designer, engineer, producer or accountant, we enjoy curious people with a quest to create, design, and engineer innovative interactive experiences.
We thrive in creating and designing new and exciting interactive experiences that bring our diverse audiences joy.