Sr. Gameplay Engineer
Sun Machine Games is a video game company that is focused on creating amazingly fun multiplayer games based on original IP. The company was founded in 2018 by 4 industry veterans, each with over 15 years of experience in the industry. Above all else, we all just love making games. In 2021, we are excited to grow our team to build our very first AAA title.
Who are we looking for?
We are seeking an experienced Sr. Gameplay Engineer who can dive deep into the project and proactively deal with issues at hand and also plan for the future with the lead and senior developers to build a scalable and reliable product. The person is a natural leader who can enable the team’s full potential and be able to mentor them.
What are some of the tasks you will be doing?
- Direct and mentor the engineering team and work closely with them on daily basis
- Establish clear process within and outside of the dev team with other stakeholders in the team
- Collaborate with the key product owners to remove any roadblocks, consult on product roadmap, create tech roadmap, and plan out the details
- Clearly communicate and execute the plans for tech within the dev team and with the company leadership team
- Manage technical design and development of the product with our future product and company needs in mind
- Architect a scalable, efficient, and reliable solutions for our Backend, Client, and Build process
- Work closely with stakeholders to lead the engineering team to firefight any urgent issues and guiding them to come up with solutions and implementing them as needed
As a Sr. Gameplay Engineer, you will:
- Collaborate with engineers, artists and designers to develop new game features for all aspects of the game, gameplay, network, monetization, etc.
- Be a key part in planning and building infrastructure and systems for our backend team
- Create, maintain and operate cloud infrastructure
- Design and implement infrastructure as code
- Manage and monitor all cloud instances and backend components
- Routinely inspect architecture and deployment for speed and cost optimization
- Help maintain the live game and debug and deploy fixes and enhancements
What are the qualifications for this position?
We are looking for someone that has:
- 5+ years professional operational and development experience
- Mobile game development experience strongly preferred, especially experience with a large scale, successful title
- Comfort working in a highly agile, intensely iterative software development process
- Experience working with Gamelift
- Experience in profiling on different game platforms
- Experience in Unity or Unreal Engine
- Experience in performance optimization, pipeline, data mining, general infrastructure, handling external plugins, SDK, and out-of-box tech solutions